Egg sensitivity post Whole 30

I've been eating eggs without any problems my whole 39 years of life.  I finished a Whole 30 at the end of April and did reintros in May.  I ate a lot of eggs during my Whole 30 (probably four times as many as I did previously).  I scaled them back a little in May, but am still eating more than I did before Whole 30 (recently eating about 10 eggs per week).  The last three times I've eaten eggs, I've had strong stomach pains that start about 30 minutes after eating and continue for about two hours.  I'm taking a break from eggs, but have other people experienced this—a sudden new sensitivity to eggs?

• Moderators

I eat 21-24 eggs per week without problems. Developing stomach pains suddenly is curious.

What are you eating with the eggs? Have you purchased a new bottle of spices that you are cooking with or new cooking fat? 

Two of the times I had plain hard boiled eggs with baby carrots and celery.  The third time I had scrambled eggs with hash made from sweet potatoes, ground beef, garlic and onions.  My plan is to skip eggs altogether for two weeks then try them just on their own with nothing else.  I'll be sad if I have to give them up.  They're such a quick, easy staple.

Archived