Starting tomorrow (June 6)

healthyAbby

DAY 0

I did a whole 30 last year around this time, I did a pretty good job of keeping the benefits of it with me despite some off-roading until recently. And so now I am ready to start and complete my second whole30.  I went shopping and got some things that hopefully will last me a week or so, and so I'm excited to see what this will bring. I believe I have some food intolerances that I don't quite understand as I did such a bad job with reintros last year. 

My goals are as follows: 

• Clear Skin
  • Improve allergies
  • Change body composition - I don't care so much about the scale as I care about having a flat stomach
  • Decrease amount of coffee needed per day (one thing I learned last time around was to drink it after eating, I really don't need to drink it but I enjoy it)
  • Get good solid sleep, with a good sleep/wake schedule. 
  • Be Happy. 
  • Reduce sugar cravings... need for dessert/something sweet

I think that's good. I got some really good groceries: 

• Light Tasting Olive Oil to make mayo
  • Brown mustard, because I'm not ready to venture into homemade ketchup land
  • Yellow and Red bell peppers (2 of each)
  • 5 lb bag of Organic Carrots
  • Frozen broccoli and cauliflower (it was cheeper than fresh today)
  • Wild caught Cod
  • Mangos (2) 
  • Avocados (bag of 4)
  • Tahini
  • An onion 
  • Cucumber (3)
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Aidells Apple Chicken Sausages
  • Beef Hotdogs
  • 2 lbs GF ground beef

I'm really excited!! And now that I have so much food I actually have to do it. I'm going to weigh and measure myself later and make notes of that for when I'm done, I can actually see how my body changed :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Abby, good luck with your whole30! Today is my last day but I'm starting round 2 on Monday to encourage my parents as they start on their first whole30. I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow, it sure makes it easier when you've got enough of the right groceries on hand! I'm gonna try Tessamae's ketchup instead of making my own :)

Thanks Abby!! :) I have parents that could benefit from a whole 30 but they have no interest in it. And so I'm going to lead by quiet example, and maybe just maybe they'll decide later on that its not that bad and they'll follow suit. 

Day 1

I'm pretty happy about the foods I bought yesterday, it made my meal 1 prep so easy :)

Meal 1:

Aidells chicken apple sausage

Steamed carrots and yellow/red pepper

Cherry tomatoes (large handful)

Tahini dressing (tahini, lemon juice, coconut aminos)

Slice watermelon

I don't think that I'll have the tahini dressing all that often, but it's nice to have when your avocados aren't quite ripe and mayo and ghee aren't made.

Day 1

Meal 2

Ground beef with garlic (I cooked up a pound for easy protein)
Romaine lettuce
Red/yellow steamed peppers
Cherry tomatoes
Mango
Avocado
Pace picante salsa (all compliant ingredients)

I already withstood some pizza as my boyfriend had some. Feeling powerful. :)

Edit: Meal 3

cod 

sweet potato

asparagus

Ranch dressing (well fed) 

cucumber salad

I didn't drink enough water today, but I will work on that. If anyone has any comments/suggestions let me know!

So my mom kinda yelled at me for eating the asparagus, but she'd told me I could eat it :/ although I did eat the entire bunch last night (due to hormones I think, period had started sorry if TMI) asparagus is still a better choice than the chips and cereals in the pantry. She thinks you have to be in a deficit of calories to lose weight but I showed it last summer that you can eat a lot and still lose weight.

Day 2

"Mexican scrambled eggs"

Half an onion

Yellow/red pepper

Garlic ground beef

2 eggs

Pace picante salsa

Handful cherry tomatoes

Half Avocado

Mug of coffee

Going to work on drinking more water today... Maybe that will help when the munchy monster hits lol

Meal 2 will be:

Aidells sausage or Applegate hotdogs

Sliced cucumber

Carrot sticks

Mayo ranch

Cherry tomatoes

So day 2 I didn't have three meals... I had been in a little rush to get out the door so I forgot to bring my protein with me for meal two. Then I didn't bring my food into work with me, and my mayo ranch got a bit hot in the car, so I didn't end up eating it (I would rather not eat it and get sick). I ended up eating the hotdogs with a mustard mayo dipping sauce, and a few more cherries.  I was full. 

Day 3

Meal 1: 

Aidells chicken apple sausage

Cauliflower "oatmeal" (I just put some cinnamon/nutmeg along with olive oil on mashed cauliflower)

Steamed carrots 

Handful of cherry tomatoes

Snack: 

Mango

Shrimp

Cucumber

Meal 2: 

Chipotle! 

Carnitas, pico, guac :)

Meal 3: 

Leftovers "hotplate" stew

Hamburger meat

chopped broccoli

steamed carrots

onion

coconut milk and a little water, Ras el Hanout seasoning

Today was day 4

Meal 1: 

2 poached eggs (I only eat 2 because I am so full after this meal, I don't want to be overstuffing myself)

sweet potato hash

Meal 2: 

Tuna Salad "Wrap"* (Can of WFs chunk light tuna in water, homemade mayo, salt/pepper)

*I saw a video of someone showing how you're supposed to wrap a lettuce wrap, it involves laying down your pieces of lettuce on wax paper or parchment paper and wrapping it so you have something easy to hold in your hand without losing anything. I ate it in the car, not the best but it worked for the time

Meal 3: 

Taco Salad!

Ground beef

Cherry Tomatoes

Romaine lettuce

Avocado

Well thats that... I am feeling pretty good thus far. My bowels have been pretty regular. I still need to drink more water, but otherwise everything is good. I think I need more salt because I'm voiding more often than usual, and the urgency is worse :/ I just forget about salt, until later in the day when I have a light headache or dizziness. I am enjoying the food.

Unrelated to my log... what would you guys make for someone who is on a typically SAD diet, to show them how awesome this stuff is? My boyfriend wants to go on a little trip, and I'd like to stay compliant and get him on a better eating schedule. So thoughts? Maybe things from the NomNomPaleo cookbook?  

So it's day 5! Kill all the things is hitting me hard right now.

My food for the day was as follows

Meal 1:

Sausage

Steamed carrots

Cucumber

Mayo mustard dipping sauce

Meal 2

Hard boiled egg salad wrap (I'd used up all my homemade mayo in the morning, that I had mixed the lemonaise I had instead as I was pressed for time) cherry tomatoes

Meal 3

Cod

Sweet potatoe wedges on the grill

Cucumber, pepper, tomatoes, steamed carrots

I got a green tea from starbucks earlier in the day.... I think they gave me sweetened even though I asked for unsweetened :/ super annoying

Day 6

Prior to meal 1 I drank about 16 oz water

Meal 1:

Chicken apple sausage

Sautéed yellow/red pepper In coconut oil

Kiwi

Tahini

Meal 2:

2 Applegate hotdogs

Grilled carrots (3)

Cherry tomatoes

Mango

Meal 3: (to be eaten later)

Egg salad lettuce wrap

Extra carrots

Cherry tomatoes

Small peach

Day 7

Meal 1:

Mashed cauliflower with coconut milk and cinnamon/nutmeg

Steamed broccoli

Pork chops

Meal 2:

Tuna fish salad with homemade mayo

Grilled sweet potato steak fries

Cherry tomatoes

Cucumber

Mayo/spicy mustard dip

Snack:

yellow/red peppers

Almonds

Nice looking meals! I tried making mayo with olive oil once it tasted wrong to me. I've since tried avocado oil, while still wasn't great but edible. The best so far has been macadamia nut oil. Very mild tasting.

Taco salad sounds yummy!

Thanks! I try to make all my meals satisfying, I use the extra light tasting Olive oil for mayo. Better on my budget lol. My parents offer to buy me things but I feel bad having them buy things for me all the time, when my siblings aren't getting the same things.

The taco salad was really yummy! So easy too.

Today's (Day 7) Meal 3: 

2 applegate hotdogs

Sweet potato steak fries on the grill (leftover from meal 2)

Salad with red wine vinegar

Homemade mayo with mustard dip (its just mayo and a bit of spicy mustard, mixed.)

I drank a ton of water today. Felt pretty thirsty for some reason, kinda unknown to me. I'm super tired as well. I think I need the carbs at all meals or need to tweak something. 

I wonder if its because of my medications? I'm on a low dose aspirin and zyrtec for allergies (allergic to dust, feel better when i take it.)

Day 8

Meal 1:

Leftover cauli mash

Pork chop

Apple with cinnamon/nutmeg

Meal 2:

Grass fed beef patty

Homemade mayo

stewed tomatoes

Meal 3:

Roasted carrots/Brussels in ghee

2 Applegate hotdogs

mayo

Shrimp later at a graduation party. Had thought about breaking the rules, but stayed complaint instead :)

Today - day 9!

Meal 1

Hamburger

Roasted Brussels/carrots

mayo and mustard

Meal 2:

Tuna in olive oil (2 starkist packets)

Brussels/carrot mixture* with frozen broccoli added

*I couldn't finish it at meal 1 so I just added some more veggies

Meal 3

Almond meal "breaded" chicken fingers

Roasted broccoli

Sugar snap peas

Snack

starkist tuna packet (in evoo)

cucumber

Today I've had for meal 1:

Hamburger meat with garlic

Sugar snap peas (steamed)

2 carrots

Thumb Olive oil

Coffee

I'm feeling really good about my foods. Thinking I might go to a hibachi grill later today, will call to ask about oils

So yesterday was day 10. Meal 2 was broken up into two mini meals several hours apart. I had one chicken finger, and a cup of snow peas for one "meal" and the cucumber/tuna I didn't eat as my snack day 9 (you know you're on a whole30 when your snacks you keep in your purse don't consist of fruit as frequently as veggies.

Meal 3 wss "built" like a template meal, but I'm sure there were offplan ingredients. So I broke my whole 30 for something hibachi, and the grill person thought it was weird I wasn't eating the rice so I think he just added extra sauces and butter. I'm ok with this moment of noncompliance as I wanted to make this a Whole30 summer. I kinda wish I had just cooked something complaint :/

Meal 3 wss "built" like a template meal, but I'm sure there were offplan ingredients. So I broke my whole 30 for something hibachi, and the grill person thought it was weird I wasn't eating the rice so I think he just added extra sauces and butter. I'm ok with this moment of noncompliance as I wanted to make this a Whole30 summer. I kinda wish I had just cooked something complaint :/

If you did have butter, unfortunately ingesting dairy (accidental or not) hits the reset button on a Whole30.  Call it a Whole40 if it works better for your mindset.

That's what I'm going to do. So I'll continue logging in here.

Day 11 (1) the # in parentheses will show the days in a row of 100% compliance, and I'll continue logging with the days since I started June 6. I'm proud of myself for having that many days in a row. This will be a lifetime not just a short period of 30 days

Meal 1

Leftover almond meal chicken fingers

Roasted broccoli

Didn't mean to do that. I'm glad to hear that my meals have been inspiring you! Nice to hear someone else is from the wonderful state of Massachusetts lol. If you want to log your meals you should make your own log or i wouldn't mind if you logged here :)

Meal 2:

Leftover hamburger meat

2 carrots

Cucumber

homemade mayo

Meal 3:

asparagus

Grilled chicken

olives

Nectarine

I'm feeling pretty good right now. But I've noticed some bumpy rash on my legs. I'm hoping to figure out what is causing this rash with my whole30. I decided to weigh myself tonight as technically I'm starting over, and I've lost 3.4 pounds. I have clearer skin, so I'm seeing some benefits. :)

Day 13 (3) was yesterday:

Meal 1(9:30 am)

deviled eggs (3 hb eggs worth)

Steamed carrots

Cherry tomatoes

Meal 2

Don't remember - I had an rxbar early in the afternoon

Meal 3

Steak house salad with balsamic and olive oil

supplemented with cherries and olives because it was small

Archived