My latest W30

Jumbly

Been a while since I did a W30. Just feel like now is a good time to press the reset button. I'll log my eats here, the accountability of writing it down is a useful tool.

Day 1. Meal 1.

Two eggs (from my sisters hens) fried in ghee. A huge salad of lettuce, red cabbage, tomato, cucumber. Dressed with salt pepper, balsamic and avocado oil.

Drinks so far have been two earl grey teas no milk and a coffee with a dash of homemade cashew milk. About to have a large glass of water.

Day 1. Meal 2.

Another big portion of mixed salad as for meal 1. 1/2 pack of compliant Parma ham. Small portion of nuts. A peach.

Day 1. Meal 3.

Generous portion of chilli made in the slow cooker. Ingredients: good quality beef, mushrooms, onions, garlic, bell pepper, chilli pepper, paprika, tomatoes. Served with cauliflower and butternut squash roasted in ghee.

Have been drinking tea with no milk and water.

I'm not the best sleeper. But last night wasn't too bad.

Walked the dogs a couple of miles before breakfast.

Meal 1. 3 egg omlette fried in coconut oil. Portion of homemade fruit compote (rhubarb, peach, banana, vanilla, no added sugar). Flaked almonds. Very nice, very filling, realise I should've added some veggies.

Went to a structured running session for an hour at lunch. A nice session with some pace work. Stretch and foam roller work after. Was ready for food by the time I got home.

Meal 2. Small grab of nuts while I re-heated a good size portion of last nights chilli and butternut squash. Again needed some leafy green veg. Will make up for it at dinner.

Hi there and welcome back.

For the vanilla you had at breakfast, was the vanilla whole vanilla bean or vanilla extract? If it was the latter, that not allowed on a Whole30, as it typically contains alcohol and/or sugar.

Hi there and welcome back.

For the vanilla you had at breakfast, was the vanilla whole vanilla bean or vanilla extract? If it was the latter, that not allowed on a Whole30, as it typically contains alcohol and/or sugar.

It was proper vanilla. But, good call, I don't know that I'd have thought about alcohol in extract.

Thought I was still a bit hungry an hour or so after lunch so had a few nuts and some fruit. In hind sight, I think I was thirsty after running. As I felt better after the glass of water I had a while after the nuts/fruit. I'll be more mindful of this, and keep the steamed broccoli and fish analogy in mind.

Day 2. Meal 3. Cod and shrimps cooked in Thai spices and coconut milk. (a no additive variety). Served with a big portion of stir fried veggies (cabbage, red cabbage,,onion, garlic, carrot, yellow pepper, cooked in coconut oil). A few toasted sesame seeds for some extra crunch. The coconut milk turned purple as it contacted the red cabbage on the plate. Tasted ok, looked kinda weird!

I've had water today, a few coffees and teas, all either without milk of with a dash of homemade cashew milk. Must make sure I drink more water before bed as I think I need it.

Tomorrow will be difficult as I'm mountain biking with friends. Will pack some W30 friendly trail snacks in my pack and say no thanks to the mid ride ice cream stop.

Today was tough. Off to a good start with

Meal 1. 2 eggs, scambled in ghee. Portion of leftover veggies from last night.

Out mountain biking through the middle of the day with friends. I had an espresso while they had ice cream. I ate a Lara bar on the trail. Post ride cafe stop I had an espresso and a mineral water while my friends had Italian pastries.

Meal 2. Grabbed on the fly on the way home from motorway services, so glad I found one with a Waitrose. Had: snack pack of chorizo (checked ingredients before purchasing, seemed ok), an apple, small handful of mixed nuts. Far from ideal, but compared to ice cream and pastries, I think I did ok.

Meal 3. Once I was home. Mixed salad, dressed with evoo, 2 mackerel fillets, one egg.

Only took water to drink on the trail, not my usual Nuun electrolyte drink. Not sure it's compliant?

Day 4.

Meal 1. Tin of tuna, blob of compliant mayo, onion, tomato, cucumber. All mixed up. Served with big portion of mixed salad leaves.

Meal 2. 2 eggs fried in ghee. A fried plantain. Lettuce. A few nuts. I wasn't very hungry and struggled to think of what I wanted to eat, hence slightly random nature of this meal.

Meal 3. Good sized chunk of chicken. I cooked a whole free range chicken in the slow cooker. Served with a big mixed salad, blob of compliant mayo, half an avocado.

Have had lots of water to drink today, it's been hot. A few cups of tea without milk. No coffee.

I didn't sleep well last night, felt headachey all day today. Had to have an emergency nap around lunchtime! I don't think W30 related. I've got other stuff on my mind.

Archived