Whole30 #1 - DONE!

Sarabeth5

I started this program becasue I felt like I needed to do something drastic.  I loved sweet things and was hitting the candy dishes at work several times every day and just not eating well in general.  I didn't really have any specific issues except the sugar cravings and I was very sceptical that Whole30 was going to "change my life".  Let me tell you... it has!!!

I lost 10.2 lbs and over 9 inches overall.  My skin is clear and I dont get those little dry skin flakes on my face any more.  I have sustained energy all day long, I never got the "tiger blood" but I don't feel like falling asleep at my desk at 3 pm every day.

The food cravings are gone but not all of my food related behaviors are.  I still much while I'm cooking and enjoy something to snack on while watching a movie.  My choices are better but still not ideal.  I went out for sushi yesterday (Day 31) for a friend's birthday.  I'd been planning and looking forward to this meal all month.  It wasn't that good to me and within a short time I felt  sick.  Like I didn't want to finish my meal sick.  So...

I'm back to eating Whole30 compliant foods.  And I feel better.  I'll be officially starting my 2nd Whole30 Monday and working on new things now that I have the meal planning and foods down.  For example, I have alays slept with the TV on (I know, I know) and that will stop.  I didn't work out at all during my last one but I'll be attending boot camp 3-5 times/week and working hard to make sure every meal meets the template. 

I'm so happy with my results and cannot wait to see what the next 30 days brings!!

Congratulations! i love to read about those who have finished and what they learned and still want to seek out. I'm kind of almost done but going to follow it further. It has been freeing in many ways but i also want to learn to fuel my body with more food and fat without fear.

Great job!

Congratulations!

One thing I'm learning (like you) is that once you get right with food, you tend to want to move on and work on other areas in your life. It starts with food -- good food gives you the solid base -- but then you feel the itch to improve your exercise, your sleep, your emotional wellbeing, etc.

Good luck with your next phase!

Archived