3Monkeys' whole30 log

3monkeys

I started Whole30 June 26, so today is day 2. I love the way I'm eating. My worst addiction/craving is Diet Coke, so I'm very glad to find an eating plan that is totally anti-artificial sweeteners. I also LOVE the tough love, no-compromise attitude of Whole30. I am an all-or-nothing gal and fail miserably in any sort of "moderation" plan.

Today's breakfast was a spinach omelet with lots of sautéed peppers and onions, with a side of amazing raw cherry tomatoes from the farmers market.

Yesterday went great. I had the Deconstructed Pizza from ISWF for dinner last night.

My sleep patterns have already changed because of the drastic reduction in caffeine. I can barely stay awake past my kids' bedtimes, and this morning I actually woke up before 6. My energy goes up and down a lot, though. I felt absolutely great this morning, cooked some homemade sausage and veggies, had more energy than I can remember. But here it is 9:00 and I am exhausted after doing nothing more strenuous than cooking breakfast and cleaning out my minivan.

This is pretty normal on the timeline. Not only from less caffeine, but also from not feeding your body sugar. Hang in there! It gets better!

One thing you can do to help is to make sure you get some carb heavy veg (sweet potatos, butternut/acorn squash, turnips, rutabaga, etc)

Lunch today was the 10-minute chili from ISWF, with plenty of peppers and tomatoes and baby spinach. I had to chaperone a group of kids immediately afterward at Cracker Barrel, so it's a good thing I had a full stomach!

Dinner was steak done in the Asian Beef and Broccoli style from ISWF. It was disappointingly bland, maybe I should have used more spice.

Archived