Gotta do it!

ddjohns83

Okay, I've started and restarted Whole30 since August 1 3 times! SO! I'm on track today and I'm going to log what I eat here to keep myself in check. I've done great with Paleo in the past (for about 2 months) and fell off hard. Oh, what I would like to tell my past self about that. :) Everybody keep me in check so I know if I'm having something I shouldn't! :D

August 9, 2012 Day 0 (again)

Meal 1: two eggs, baby spinach, fresh mushrooms, cooking oil -all scrambled together

half an avocado with squeeze lemon and garlic pepper

kiwi

coffee with coconut milk (trying to get used to this...suggestions have been cold brew...sounds appealing.)

Meal 2: leftovers: bone-in pork chop, grilled veggie skewer (tomato, mushroom,zucchini, onion), half of a baked sweet potato with butter

Meal 3: hasn't happened yet...I'll edit this evening

Edit: broiled chicken thigh (bone-in, with skin), sauteed spinach with garlic pepper, sliced tomato, cantaloupe for dessert

This looks great so far!

Are you using clarified butter?

Maybe it is easier to think of it as one day at a time. Wake up and think of the day as a whole 1 and rock it! then wake up tomorrow and another day 1!

Sometimes it seems less daunting if you can make it one day at a time for a couple in a row to get you started. Before you know it you will have completed 7 days in a row and can move on from there.

Welcome and good luck

This looks great so far!

Are you using clarified butter?

Maybe it is easier to think of it as one day at a time. Wake up and think of the day as a whole 1 and rock it! then wake up tomorrow and another day 1!

Sometimes it seems less daunting if you can make it one day at a time for a couple in a row to get you started. Before you know it you will have completed 7 days in a row and can move on from there.

Welcome and good luck

No, it wasn't clarified butter at lunch which I know it really should be. I had forgotten to add it this morning and used what was in my work cafeteria. :(

August 10, 2012 (Day 1)

Today was tough because my schedule was really off. We recently suffered some grass fires in the area where 209 families lost their homes. I volunteered 12-7pm at the shelter as a rep from the VA. Totally messed up my routine but worth it.

Meal 1: Woke up a little later than usual (730am) since I didn't have to be in to work at 8am. Wasn't too hungry but made myself eat:

1 egg scrambled

kiwi

tomato juice

green tea

Meal 2: Not too long after (about 1030) I made sure to eat again since I knew that I might not be able to again at the relief center:

leftover chicken thigh

1 large sliced tomato

Snacks: had a couple while at the center since I had to space out my meals:

pistacios

small apple

Meal 3: Went out to dinner with family at Cracker Barrel. Realized it is hard to eat out!! think I did "okay"

grilled catfish fillets (1 1/2)

green beans

side salad w/ oil and vinegar(no croutons, no cheese)

August 11, 2012 (Day 2)

Meal 1: Woke up and headed to the Farmer's Market here in town to get some fresh fruits, veggies, and to get info from the meat vendors. After, me and the gals went to a nearby coffee shop for some breakfast:

Oolong coconut tea

frittata-zuccini, tomatos, onion

mixed fresh fruit - banana, canteloupe, couple grapes, blackberry, strawberry, pineapple

PS...my market finds: tomatoes, canteloupe, vineyard grapes, onion, kale.

Meal 2:

leftover chicken thigh

1 large tomato sliced

avocado (half)

lemon pepper seasoning

Snack: I went to the gym around 2pm and knew that after I would be going to a Pampered Chef party where I most likely good not partake of the goods. So, thinking I was making a wise decision I got a LaraBar at the gym. They didn't have the ones I usually pick like Apple Pie or Coconut but I also didn't think to look at the ingredients (I'm so used to dates being the sweetener). Anyway, I picked up the Chocolate Chip Cookie one and looked at the label and saw it had sugar. I'm not gonna lie, I wanted it bad! BUT! I didn't eat it...gave it to my husband this evening. :)

I did have a piece of bacon at the party though since it was going in the main dish

Meal 3: So, I was starving after the Pampered Chef of course. My husband and I went out to eat with a couple friends again so that made it difficult but I think I did pretty good with what I had to work with. We went to a local Mexican place:

Compadre's Grill: mix of fajita steak, chicken, sausage, bacon, tomatoes, onion, green bell pepper with a side of sauteed veggies (in butter) - squash, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes

Later I plan to cut in to one of the canteloupes I purchased at the farmer's market!

So far today:

Meal 1: used the leftover grill from last night and mixed it with 2 eggs to make a scramble

vineyard grapes

kiwi

green tea

Meal 2: chicken salad: chicken breast, onion, dill pickle relish, paleo mayo, dijon mustard

vineyard grapes

Meal 3: hamburger (w/o the bun of course ;) ) - tomato, avocado, bacon, salsa

sweet potato fries

Made sure to have enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow at work.

August 13, 2012 (Day 4)

Woohoo! I've made it past Day 3!!! This is a milestone for me.

Meal 1: I was in a rush this morning so I put something random together and also forgot to grab my lunch off the counter...

leftover hamburger patty w/ salsa on top

kiwi

grapes

Meal 2: wish me luck. There's not usually good choices in the cafeteria at work....

well...as always...no good choices...I ended up making a hobo version of tuna salad

two cups tuna

dill pickle

boiled egg

onion

mayo (not paleo)

Archived