Hello! Starting July 7th

jvdreher

Greetings all!

I go by JD and I am beginning my first Whole30 on this Monday (July 7th). I am VERY nervous about this, but have heard many great things about this program and am ready to make a difference in the way I eat and take care of my body.

I have a great support system in this so I hope that all goes well.

Wish me luck!

JD

I am new to this and will be starting tomorrow as well. My daughter did it in June and convinced me. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I think I am ready and up to the change in my eating habits.

Hello everyone!  I am starting my second Whole30 tomorrow as well.  My first was January 2014.  It was definitely challenging the first two weeks.  But we can do it!  I was a stay-at-home mom at that time.  Now I'm a live-away-from-home-half-the-time-mom so this go 'round will be more of an adventure than before.

Be sure to post what you eat everyday.  You will be surprised by how many unintentional off-road slip-ups lurk in the shadows. You may also be surprised by what accountability does for your perseverance.  Plus, moral support you can find on this forum is invaluable.

For sure you should go to www.theclothesmakethegirl.com and nomnompaleo.com.  These two wonderful women have terrific blogs and my favorite cook books ever.  If you are serious about doing this, order Well Fed now!  Amazing recipes (though sometimes a bit salty for my taste) and an excellent method for getting and staying food-organized.

Take care of yourselves.

Talk to you tomorrow.

I started today too. My husband and oldest son (19) are trying it with me. My other 2 sons are iffy. They at least are willing to help with the prep and will eat if "it looks good" (according to my 14 year old).

My coworker did it first and what sold me on the Whole 30 plan was how good her food looked and how great she felt (after about 2 weeks).

Good luck everyone. 

Hello all!

I am also starting today! It's my first 'official' time and I know I'm going to need lots of support so also signed up for the Whole30Daily. So far today has been easy (relatively speaking). I had a long bike ride yesterday and walked over 10000 steps today and was tired when I got home, am pleased with myself that I took a nap rather than using food to try and feel better.

Hi everyone,

I am starting my 2nd Whole 30 today. My first started May 26th (it was basically a W40). Anyway, I decided that I do better with a clear set of rules and still have a long way to go in terms of changing my body composition. I will continue on this journey with you guys if y'all don't mind.

I agree with Kelly M re: theclothesmakethegirl.com and nomnompaleo.com. Awesome sites for great recipes!

Good luck everyone!

Im on day two and feeling okay....I didn't exactly follow the meal template because Ive been cooking all day to fill the fridge.  I just need to say....If you don't have the Nom Nom Paleo cookbook (or app!) get it, right now.  Its outstanding and the food is amazing.  I just had Crispy Smashed Chicken with homemade Ranch Dressing for dinner and it was awesome!  Quick, easy and delicious.  Okay...making the mayo by hand wasn't super quick or easy but worth it!  Highly recommended!

Kayjaye, the Crispy Smashed Chicken sounds delicious. Did you get that from the NomNom Paleo app?

Tonight I made "The Best Chicken You Will Ever Eat, Ever" and it was indeed very good. I made a few adjustments because I don't like allspice so I left it out. Next time I may leave out the cinnamon because my daughter didn't like that. The Moroccan Dipping Sauce she pairs with it is to die for so I will probably use that with lots of other things like salad and veggies.

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/06/09/the-best-chicken-you-will-ever-eat-ever/

Also, I have a VERY easy mayo recipe that calls for an immersion blender but I think I heard others say they use their food processors and regular blenders with this recipe. So far I have had a very good success rate (fingers crossed).

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/fail-proof-home-made-paleo-mayo-whole30-compliant/

GrannieD, I got the recipe out of the NomNom Paleo cookbook, Im not sure if its on the app.  I have been making homemade mayo by hand!  First I just used a whisk, which worked fine....also a work out!  Then someone gave me one of those old fashioned hand mixers...you know with the handle that you spin?  That makes awesome mayo, which became amazing ranch dressing that I am wanting to put on everything because its just so good.  There is probably easier ways to make the mayo, but I kinda enjoy the challenge!

Archived