Joining August 1, 2014

Hilary Walton

Hi!

I plan to start August 1st too. I've been reading the book since Saturday on my Kindle (ipad) and am about 60% through it.

I found a site (thanks to a link I found on here) that has 30 days of freezable recipes---I hope to do that and make the meals and freeze them this upcoming Sunday so I'll be ready to go Fri 8/1. ***My hubby and each work an hour from home, get home late and don't have a ton of time daily to cook so doing it all at once in one LONG day is better then pretending I can cook daily or even weekly, that's just not realistic in my lifestyle.

Maybe we could be "buddies" to help get through the Whole30?

-Shanna

I will be starting 1 August as well!  I am actually excited & hope to find enough support to keep me going.  Shanna, what was the site for the freezable meals? I may need to go that route as well to help out on time.

Hi Jeri5,

The website is http://onceamonthmeals.com/50-freezable-whole30-recipes/. They're all free or you can pay a fee to have them make a plan for you and get the grocery list, cooking plans for the big cooking day etc. I may go that route and pay the $10/mo for a month or two just until I get the hang of it! I've cooked 2-3 meals at once before and frozen portions out, but NEVER 30 days and that is a bit daunting!

Shanna

Hi! I'm Sara, 37 and am starting on August 1st as well. Looking forward to it. I've done a few paleo challenges here and there and seen some results. I have trouble staying the course after the challenge is over...no matter how good I feel. I'm hoping to bring my husband along with me as well, though I'm not sure I want to be anywhere near home when he starts detoxing from Dr. Pepper!

Hello Everyone!  I'm Colleen and also planning on starting August 1st.  I started a Whole30 in June, but got off track when my father passed away unexpectedly about half way through.  Looking forward to getting back on track with you all 8/01!!! 

I too have committed to start Aug 1st. I am still waiting to buy the new updated book so I will be reading it after I start. I bought a note book to start journaling and organized with my doctor blood tests at the end of 30 days.

A little about me... I am 50 years young and have a 15 yr old daughter who is very picky about eating any kind of vegetable. Not a problem with meat so I guess I will need to make her some side dishes to go with our dinners. I have diabetes for 2 years now and want it to go away! I also work as a planner for Ross Stores.

Good Luck!

Janet

Hello my name is Angi and I too will be starting Aug 1st! I am new to whole30 so I'm sure I'll be seeking advice and encouragement! I am in love with lifting weights and trying to stay physically and mentally fit! My eating habits are the only thing needing a rehaul, the only thing keeping me from seeing the results of weight training! Time for change!!!!

Hello my name is Angi and I too will be starting Aug 1st! I am new to whole30 so I'm sure I'll be seeking advice and encouragement! I am in love with lifting weights and trying to stay physically and mentally fit! My eating habits are the only thing needing a rehaul, the only thing keeping me from seeing the results of weight training! Time for change!!!!

Hi, my name is Sherri. I'm Starting August 1st as well. New to this and I'm a nurse working 12 hr shifts and will be grateful to hear anyone who knows of quick and easy grab and go foods for the days I work. Especially breakfast. Already got hard boiled eggs and cucumbers for my next 3 shifts . I'll sure share anything I find as alot of folks r in the same spot as i am.

Hi guys first time doing whole 30 and this my 5th day. I'm low on energy and lacking focus or finishing tasks. Is anyone else experiencing this? Plus my cravings are starting to intensify ....

Cravings at this stage is normal. Day 5 is Kill All The Things. 

Are you eating enough in general? Are you getting some starchy vegetables? Low energy is usually a sign of one or both of these things being off.

Archived