self diagnosing fructose malabsorption?

Has anyone else noticed an issue with fructose while on Whole30? I haven't been eating much fruit (to slay the sugar demon and because it just hasn't sounded great), but I took some grapes with me to a movie tonight, and they did a NUMBER on me. It couldn't be something else I ate, because of the timing. It was like they went straight through me and I still feel gross and bloated, even though I'm pretty sure I "got everything out."

This happened w/fruit one other time I was strict paleo...raw onions/garlic tend to bother me too, and I've done some reading...is it possible that I could have discovered this through Whole30? I didn't see any of this in the reintro materials, but it seems like I'm onto something...my only question is why I wouldn't notice it all the time. But I figure if my gut was in bad enough shape, I probably couldn't directly relate it to fructose. Now that it's in better shape (Day 23), the reaction is noticeable.

Am I crazy? I'll keep experimenting, but YIKES. Not a good time tonight.

Hi Channon, grapes have the same effect on me, and onions also. im on the whole30 to try and work this out. 

shame cos i love grapes. good luck working it out. it may just be because grapes are high in fructose? 

Archived