Starting Whole 30 with hypothyroid and IBD

I am looking to start my first Whole 30 next week. I was almost through reading the book and had come to terms with how much was going to change. I had figured out how I was going to manage pre and post workout meals as well as how I was going to manage meal 1 as I rushed to get to work each morning. Then I got to the chapter on additional foods that should be avoided if you have an autoimmune disease as well as IBS/IBD. I have both of these and was completely overwhelmed and sad when I saw some of the additional things I need to remove like eggs and coffee. Those were 2 of the things that were definitely going to be in my daily ritual each morning. Now I don't know what to do. Do I just do Whole30 and not worry about those additional items that probably should be removed or go all in and avoid everything?? I don't want to go through the next 30 days and not get the full benefit because I continued fueling my body with things I didn't need. That would be very frustrating. I am just not sure how I manage pre/post workouts and meal 1 without eggs and coffee was at least a crutch to get me through the mornings.

• Moderators

I would suggest that you do a straight w30 for thirty days without the additional restrictions and also adjust your expectations. 30 days will be a wonderful beginning to transforming your life, but you very likely will need much more time than that given your issues. After 30 days, see how you feel and reassess. Maybe you'll have gotten everything you need, maybe you'll feel there's more work to be done and you want to try another 30 days with the addition of no eggs or coffee.

Congrats on your commitment and best of luck!

Archived