Whole60...Forreal this time!

Badwolf

I am a starter and not a finisher.  I'm going to start another Whole30 tomorrow morning (Saturday).  Your list is pretty good.  The sleep is what is so magical.

Good luck with your go!  (Sometimes eggs turn my stomach)

Good luck to you as well, tinman57!  And I agree:  Sleep is ~magical!~

Yeah, I'm afraid it might be the eggs.  I used to have problems with them before I switched to pastured eggs.  Hmmm...

I love your list! I have been looking at the logs to get ideas on meals and things to watch out for and most people have been putting their menus up but I don't really want to do that. I know the food I am eating is compliant so I'm not sure what the hold back is just don't want people to tell me to add something or that my way of eating is wrong.

This is my first time trying Whole30, I have some worries but not too many. Mostly I think I will miss gum. I already gave up alcohol, sweets, and grains so not big loss there. I have a great support group and my husband will eat whatever I make without complaint.

I am on day 4 and had a food dream last night, I know I did but can't remember it exactly. I just woke up feeling guilty and thinking that I had to start over on day 1.

I love your list! I have been looking at the logs to get ideas on meals and things to watch out for and most people have been putting their menus up but I don't really want to do that. I know the food I am eating is compliant so I'm not sure what the hold back is just don't want people to tell me to add something or that my way of eating is wrong.

This is my first time trying Whole30, I have some worries but not too many. Mostly I think I will miss gum. I already gave up alcohol, sweets, and grains so not big loss there. I have a great support group and my husband will eat whatever I make without complaint.

I am on day 4 and had a food dream last night, I know I did but can't remember it exactly. I just woke up feeling guilty and thinking that I had to start over on day 1.

MaryanneLDR,

I totally get not wanting to post your food.  I didn't post mine for the longest time for that very reason!  Awhile back, I was doing a Whole30 and someone commented saying I needed more of something or other and it totally threw me off track and I bailed.  I'm sure they meant well, but it did the opposite of help.  lol  I've decided now to post my food for my own benefit.  (:

Good to hear you've already given up alcohol, sweets, and grains!  That's a big step!!

Food dreams are so crazy.  For me they're usually a good reminder as to why I'm doing this.  (;

Good luck on your Whole30!  :D

Day 2!

SO glad I didn't cave yesterday at the grocery store!  I def feel this morning that I'm healing, and it's encouraging.   :D

I slept 12+ hours last night (healing indeed!)...It's gonna be another two meal day since I woke up so late and work the late shift tonight.

M1:

-four eggs with ghee and salt

-kale sautéed with ghee and salt

-blueberries

-GT's Citrus kombucha

M2:

(packed)

-two burgers with salt

-steamed green beans

-cashews

Day 3!

Already feel that the inflammation in my body has gone down and my belly looks trimmer.   :D

Slept about 10 hours, but coulda slept more.  Glad to have woken up a bit earlier today though.  lol

Another late shift today, so another two meal day.  Yesterday went really well...I didn't feel hungry at all until just before my Meal 2.  Felt pretty positive all day and had good energy, though I can tell that I'm still detoxing.

M1:

-zucchini with salt sautéed in ghee

-blueberries

-GT's kombucha

M2:

(packed)

-two burgers with salt

-steamed green beans

-cashews

Day 4!

...and didn't even realize it!  Got some good swordfish today and put some Tessemae's Lemon Chesapeake on it for dinner!

M1

-zucchini with salt sautéed in ghee

-blueberries

M2

-steamed shrimp with Old Bay

-turkey Epic Bar

-green beans with salt

-raw cashews

-Peter Rabbit baby food pouch thing with apple, carrots, and squash

-1/2 GT's Citrus kombucha

M3

-swordfish steak with Tessemae's Lemon Chesapeake dressing

-red lettuce with olive oil and salt

-two raw carrots

-1/2 GT's Citrus kombucha

Had a good day at work.  Got to work with my two fav co-workers and the day went by really quickly!  Woke up with my right SI joint really hurting, but it seemed to get better as the day went on.

Day 5!

Slept about 10 hours last night.  Had a dream that I caved to some sugary evilness, and then had several really weird dreams.

I've def been feeling really good since Day 1...happy and optimistic and willing to do things and talk to people.  I'm waiting for the Kill All the Things stage to hit so I can do some of this or better yet, this.

M1

-three eggs with salt fried in ghee

-sweet potato hash

-blueberries

-GT's cranberry kombucha

Pre-WOD meal

-canned tuna in olive oil

Got up late, so ate late and am going back to the gym (after like two months!) at 4:30....so didn't want a big meal.

~~~~~

Made it to the gym.  Did not want to go.  Freaked myself out about going so much that I stalled my car (for the first time in 5+ years) while parking.

WOD:

weightlifting

-practiced bench press

AMRAP 12 mins.

21-15-9

-medball power cleans

-HSPU with 25#plate under two Ab Mats (lol)

-kipping pull-ups with green band for remainder of time (30 total)

Had really good energy!  And am def glad I went.  (:

M2(3?)

-two burgers with salt and ketchup and mustard

-green beans

-red lettuce with olive oil and salt

-raw carrot

Day 6!

Didn't sleep well last night.  I think it may have been from doing a later WOD (or getting back to the gym after so long).  I went to bed around 9:30, but could not fall asleep, and woke up in the middle of the night a few times.  Probably slept less than eight hours total.  I don't feel too beat up (yet!) from the gym though, which is good!  lol

M1

-four eggs with salt fried in ghee

-sugar snap peas with salt and ghee

-green tea

Didn't realize 'til last night that I don't really have many veggies in the house.  There are some potatoes, but I've decided to stay away from them for this W60, since nightshades don't seem to agree with me.

So things happened and I slipped up.  But I have to say, it wasn't due to cravings of any sort.  I felt really good and was happy, though a little tired.  Nevertheless, today's my birthday and the start of the official August Whole30, so I'm gonna restart today.  One thing I changed, was I took a before picture.  (:

Archived