Day one. First timer.

jeanlouise

First time whole30-er here!! 

So, a lil background: I knew the initial start would be pretty easy for me. I already eat A LOT of vegetables and fruit, try to eat a sufficient amount of protein regularly and try to eat proper portions. What I know is going to be more trying is cutting out dairy and grains. I am a huge coffee drinker, mainly plain hot or iced coffee, but I love straight 1/2&1/2 or heavy whipping cream in my cup o' joe. I also could eat just bread and cheese all day ever day if I could survive it. Luckily I have a few people doing this with me, so I imagine I won't have the toughest time. 

So, I just finished up day one!! I really enjoyed the taste of my usual foods with substitutes like ghee and coconut milk. I think that part will be easy for me. I love finding new ways to eat my favorite foods. It's an adventure!! I am feeling unusually exhausted today though. I tend to be very tired at the end of my work day, due to a highly physically and mentally demanding job, but I feel more-than-usual tired.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same feelings on just day one....?

Thanks!!

Jean

Welp.  Your diet was the same as mine.    I drank about 1 1/2 cups of cream aday and 12 cups of coffee.

W30:  I would go to sleep on the couch around  6:00-7:00 PM and not wake up until the next day.  That went away after about 7 days.  I was a "huge coffee drinker", too.    Dairy overload, that was me.

It will be interesting to see if you sleep like I did.  I felt like I was knocked out for a surgery.  The tiredness goes away.  Around Day 21, the after-burners kicked in and I was loaded to the gills with energy.

Day one?   Yep, I was woozy.

Archived