Medications

Sheena812

I take several prescriptions and prescribed OTC's. I am sure some of the supplements are not totally compliant.

Do I just try to gradually come off them?

The one I am most concerned about is Non-Drowsy Dramamine. I take it to help with chronic vertigo issues. Without it I get pretty nauseous.

• Moderators

Doctor's orders trump Whole30, so you can keep taking prescribed medicines for sure. I know some people look for compliant versions of medicines if they can find them, but if you can't, and they're necessary, I think you're good. (Now if it's like a multi vitamin, you could probably live without it for 30 days -- but the dramamine seems pretty necessary to me.)

Yes to Shannon!  My thyroid medication has corn and sugar in it.  I cannot explain why!!  I've actually worked with my doctor to change thyroid medications and unfortunately the other type we tried had really unpleasant side effects - so I'm back with the miniscule dose of corn and sugar with my synthroid every morning.  All that to say that when it comes to doctor's orders, keep it in the rotation during Whole30.  Chronic vertigo doesn't sound like something you want to just stop taking medication for!

I am 74 and on day 13, I have reduced my pill intake from 12 per day, to 5. I still take my heart medicine, but many recommended vitamins are dropped. I only take Lasix when indicated by swelling, which of late has been minimal. I love this program, my use of pain pills has almost been eliminated. The daily aches and pains have dropped until they are more or less below the threshold of notice. God Bless Whole30, I love it.

Archived