My Whole30 progress, beginning day 8 :)

amy_0707

A trip to the dressing room was always an awful experience for me. I hated every aspect of it. I felt like I could never find things that fit right. If I did I felt like I was uncomfortable in my own body so it really didn't matter whether it fit or not. I felt like I was trapped in this bloated, gross version of myself and couldn't find a way to escape. Or so I thought.

Walking through a clothing store today, a couple things caught my eye. Reluctant, I decided to give them a try. I couldn't believe the experience I had. Even though I'm on day 8 of my 2nd Whole30 attempt, I feel better in my body now than I have in a LONG time. Looking in the mirror, I felt the urge to cry because I did not have one single negative feeling about myself. I know I still have some work to do to get where I want to be. But for the first time I finally feel like I am on the right track. I have finally found something that works for me. Something that, even only being on day 8, relieves me of my gastric issues. Something that lights up something deep within.

I will not step on the scale. I need to learn to respect myself more than that. Because it is not a matter of what I weigh; rather, it is a matter of how I feel on the inside and how I view myself when I stand in front of that full-length mirror. So in that mirror today I felt so emotional. Not only because I actually felt that what I tried on looked okay, but also (and more importantly) because I am realizing that we all deserve to be the best version of ourselves. I am taking steps to get there. Steps that finally make sense and motivate me to keep going. I am learning how to nourish not only my body, but my mind. Thank you so much to the entire Whole30 community. Your information, support and tough-love has made such a difference in my life. And it's only Day 8. :)

Archived