Day 2

chrissie

Hi all, I hope things are good for all us new starters.   Last night I found myself with a sore throat and sniffles but it is from the grandchildren sharing germs, not me getting healthy!   I've made my first buying mistake - I thought coconut milk powder would be good to have in the cupboard.... I didn't have my reading glasses so it wasn't until I got home I found it was not as pure as I imagined, with maltodextrin as the 2nd ingredient!   Ah well, lesson learned.    I've just read the timeline and it dented my confidence in my ability to do this for a moment, but now my stubborn streak has come in to play and I hope it has made my determination not to give up stronger. I guess I will make more mistakes as the days go by, but this forum is a great place to find answers!

Happy eating everyone  C x 

I am also on day 2 today. Also a grandma.. it's THE BEST! I had a hard time finding coconut milk without guar gum in it and didn't know if that was off limits so kept looking and finally found some. I love it in my coffee! also can't wait to try it in some Indian recipes.

Got off work at 2:30 today and was really hungry so had a piece of fruit.... need to read if that was ok in  between meals. I won't have another piece with dinner....  My biggest struggle is going to be not sticking something in my mouth when i walk in the door..Hope you get feeling better.

• Moderators

Hello to both of you!

I am also on day 2 today. Also a grandma.. it's THE BEST! I had a hard time finding coconut milk without guar gum in it and didn't know if that was off limits so kept looking and finally found some. I love it in my coffee! also can't wait to try it in some Indian recipes.

Got off work at 2:30 today and was really hungry so had a piece of fruit.... need to read if that was ok in  between meals. I won't have another piece with dinner....  My biggest struggle is going to be not sticking something in my mouth when i walk in the door..Hope you get feeling better.

Guar gum is okay, just for future reference.

If you're hungry between meals, it's recommended to have a mini-meal of at least protein and fat, rather than just a piece of fruit. It's more satiating and doesn't feed the sugar dragon as fruit can for some people.

Archived