Why I view my Whole14 as a success....

jump4life

Today is my new Day 1 and I am taking time to think through my first attempt.  This is why I view my first Whole14 as a success:

·         I did not succumb to the WTH Effect!  Ironically, my Day 15 Whole30 Daily arrived before I pushed the "start over" button.  In it was the best, most well timed encouragement I could have gotten. In an article titled  Caution: The  "What The Hell" Effect, it described  a real, scientifically studied phenomenon where one bad choice can lead you into a downward spiral.   I know this feeling- I have taken this road before!  Their advice:  acknowledge your actions and create a smart plan about how you are going to deal with it.   

·         I did reach out for help, learn from my mistake, and create that plan!  I posted my mis-step as honestly as I could (http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/21164-help-needed-for-blood-sugar-issue-with-workout-day-14-day-0/)  and got almost immediate help (thanks physibeth and brewer5!!)  Thanks to this help, I have a smart plan on how to better fuel my body so that I don't run into the same trouble that led me to a choice to go off plan.      

·         I gained so much great knowledge and adopted new behaviors ---and my kitchen is stocked!   By day 14, so many of the things that seemed overwhelming at the beginning (meal template! hot plates?  shopping list! cooking again, really?!! Fish oil, Vitamin D, Natural Calm???) had become just part of what I do.    I have such confidence about these elements now-  I can shop for the week in one trip (mostly) , I can put a hot plate together in under two minutes with prepped foods in my fridge, and I have already have learned about and incorporated the supplements I am interested in.   This leaves lots of head space to think about other things during my next Whole30!

So now I am on to my new Whole30 -  I really can’t wait to see what comes next!  

Awesome! When you think about it we all will be eating close to this way for the rest of our lives so a whole45 is nothing! I am not doing a whole30 but I eat this way most of the time, I just don't worry about sugar in my bacon or ketchup and if I want a glass of wine I have one. I wish you great success on your whole30!

Archived