Starting today :-) 17 august 2014 from Ireland!

Tanya K

Hello there everyone! Lovely to have a group of people who are all willing to give the Whole 30 a go. I have been Paleo for the past 10 weeks. But as I did not know nor understand exactly what foods were allowed or not allowed I was still eating some 'toxic' foods like cornflakes etc. I also had allowed myself a treat on a Saturday of an ice cream with whipped cream! I have had ME/Chronic Fatigue for nearly 8 years. My health though had started to become even worse since Christmas outside of the fact of my 'normal' symptoms. I also had started to pile on pounds!! And nothing I could do was shifting those pounds!! I had had enough and just started by cutting out bread, sugar, dairy, rice and pasta. Then something happened! I had no pains within 2 weeks!! That was without even eliminating all toxic foods! Over the weeks I found the Whole30 program read the book, It starts with Food and am actually even more excited to be going forward with the Whole30! I know in my heart and soul it will bring about more positive changes!! Over the last 4 weeks with growing knowledge of the foods that damage us I have seen unbelievable changes in my body! I can know roller skate 8miles a week and also practice ashtanga yoga here in my home one hour a day four days a week, then proceed to do all the regular housework, mother stuff too and still have energy at the end of the day!! The difference has been incredible. As I say I know in myself that this Whole30 will also bring about more positive changes. My 10 year old is also doing it from today! Her sugar intake is a disgrace and I want to change that! She's all on board as she has seen such a difference in me :-)

Good luck to all starting soon! :-) oh by the way from Ireland! Any others here from Ireland?

Hi Tanya,

I'm starting my whole 30 again on Monday.  I do better if I have someone to be accountable to.  How about you?  I've been mostly whole30 since May 7?  Last couple weeks I had somewhat of a break, and apparently it's hard to get back. I feel such a difference when I'm doing it. 

Good luck to you!  I love that your daughter is doing it with you. 

Hello! I am starting my Whole30 Aug 17th. I have a family of 4 children and a husband who will not be doing this with me. In fact, they think I am crazy. However after reading the book, "It Starts with Food", I don't know how I could not do it. The book described so many of my feelings, emotions, and problems with food for years.

Hello! I'll be starting my 3rd whole 30 August 17 with you all. My last one was this spring and I have gone way off base the last couple months while dealing with some health issues. Eating this way just gives me so much energy and boosts my attitude - ready to get that feeling back.  

Good luck all! Personally, once the first few hangover days are over the rest feels so great!

I will be starting on Monday. Cleaned out pantry today. Going shopping tomorrow! Book made so much sense. I ate low carb for a while and noticed the pain in my joints went away, but my addiction to sugar and food rewards didn't. Excited to begin a "whole" approach that takes psychology into account too! Bringing my two year old along and hubby will be eating what we eat, though not following the protocol- still a huge step toward health for him. Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all! Blessings!

The man is starting too today! Apparently I was the 'guinea pig' lol! He cannot believe the difference in me over the last 10 weeks! Hard when you are doing something like this on your own. I was sitting there in the evenings at the beginning looking at him eating all his goodies!! Very difficult but only for the first few days. I think it is like anything once there is a determination to succeed there nothing can get in your way. I think though because I was so sick there was a cause and effect thing going on, which again made it easier!

It's exciting!! Good luck! Check in with each other to see how we are all getting on.

Whew! Made it through day 1. I didn't think that was easy at all. I already can tell that my body is looking for its continuous hits of sugar and caffeine that I must have done all day. What an eye opener today was!I feel like I am already in the hangover stage, nervous at what tomorrow will bring!

Whew! Made it through day 1. I didn't think that was easy at all. I already can tell that my body is looking for its continuous hits of sugar and caffeine that I must have done all day. What an eye opener today was!I feel like I am already in the hangover stage, nervous at what tomorrow will bring!

How are you today?? It is certainly not easy. I'm having an easy time only because I became paleo 11 weeks ago. In those first few days of it I was in bits! The cravings were horrific. But they do ease. Today is day 4 and well it was a tired day! The previous 2 weeks were holiday time so there were a few days in there with an ice cream and some birthday cake! Could really feel that today though!! You just have to keep,plodding along! It will be worth it :-)

Tanya, just saw your post today about the butchers and had to find your log , sorry I missed it before. I'm from Dublin & nearing the end of my W30, hope yours is going well for you. There's a few other Irish w30'ers here too.

Archived