Day 32 of Whole60 ~ but work travel coming up, need some advice

Izzy00

Hi 

I am currently on day 32 of what i planned to be a whole60. For most part of the last 32 days i have felt good, some weird stomachaches and tiredness over a week go but i think ive worked out which foods are causing this (plus a combination of not eating enough carbs). Anyways, i wanted to stick with this for 60 days firstly because I wanted to completely cleanse my system of sugar and my need for it and secondly because the last time i did 30 days only it only took one friend suggesting i have a bite of some pasta for me to spiral out of control. and thirdly, I wont lie i wanted to see if i would actually lose a tiny bit of weight and bloating. WHile i am at a healthy (142-140 pounds and 5'6) i still would like to lose some stubborn fat. 

Anyways, i digress.... 

4 Days ago, I found out i have to travel for some workshops i have to run as part of my job, (I live in Jordan for work currently) They are to be held in Sulaymania, for those of you unfamiliar with the middle east, it is in Northern Iraq, north east-ish. So my first thought was, "OMG my whole60 will be impossible..." I will be in a hotel, in a country where the food is often very carb heavy and soaked in canola oil...  I wont be able to cook, my options are eating out or hotel food. 

I have gone over this in my head, I am planning to take a lot of tuna cans.. but that is the only thing i can think of to take. besides if i were to make date bars (which i would only have out of desperation if that). I will be able to buy fruit and veggies but wont be able to cook it. 

so my dilemma... should i continue to be whole30 to the best of my abilities, ie follow the template without worrying about the oil used etc...? or does this mean the 27 ill spend there wont count as part of my whole60...? and id have to start again in 27 days? would allowing things like vegetable oil completely ruin the hard work i have put in so far? 

any advice this wonderful community may offer is welcomed. 

ideal situation I dont travel, but i cant get out of this one.. 

Yes traveling doing a whole30 will be hard. You may want to delay your official whole30. Or give it a try and see what happens. Have you checked out the whole30 approved products on the website? They include chomp sticks and Primal Pacs. Not sure if yawp bars are approved but I believe they are compliant. Although not ideal for your whole30 you could get some eggwhite protein powder if you can find a complaint one. Good Luck!

thanks for the recommendations Tina, I cant actually eat beef (is that what the primal pacs are made of ?) SInce I have had an intolerance to red meat since i was a child. And if i could i wont be able to find these items in iraq or jordan. But the protein powder could be an option. Although, i read that thats not allowed on whole30.??!? 

Archived