This is the most incredible thing I have ever done for my body

CassieS

I got on here just because I am sooo excited about how amazing this process is going and it is only day 14 for me. I decided to do the Whole 30 because even four years after going entirely gluten free (I have Celiac Disease), my stomach was getting horribly upset three to four times a week and I couldn't explain it.

Then about three weeks before I started the Whole 30, I had debilitating GERD and difficulty taking deep breaths. I was burping every 10 seconds and couldn't even get through a session (I'm a therapist), without burping repeatedly. My doctor just gave me medication and told me to raise my bed up. I didn't think this was the solution at all so I only took the medication one time.

During these 14 days of my Whole 30, I have not had any problems with GERD or any problems taking deep breaths. I also haven't had my stomach get upset at all.

But that is not even compared to the amazement that I have in my sugar cravings being gone and having a healthy relationship with food. I can't believe that all this has occurred in two weeks.

Two years ago, I set out to lose 180 lbs. I did lose 100 lbs of that but then couldn't get any further. I had a sweet tooth I just couldn't say no to. Even though I trained for a marathon, I actually gained weight because I liked candy. I have been known to have an entire big bag of M&M's and a huge container of Hot Tamale candy's all at once. Candy and sweets are my binge foods and I can't say no them.

Cut to two weeks into the Whole 30 and if you offered me a sweet right now, I wouldn't even be tempted. There was one time (on day 9) where I really really wanted a Reece's Peanut Butter cup and my boyfriend had to talk me out of it. But that is it. In fact, I currently have peanut butter and chocolate chips in my cupboard and they aren't even tempting. I look at them in awe because I never would have believed that I would desire healthy food over unhealthy food. I'm already making plans to only add a few things back in once the Whole 30 is over because I have felt so balanced and amazing and haven't been bored with my food at all. This is truly how I want to live my life. I am a happier and more productive human being. Oh did I also mention that my pants are so loose they won't even stay up anymore? Incredible. All this time I was seeking weight loss, instead, I should have just been seeking health.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived