September 4/ Day 3 Could use a buddy

widget

Hi all, just a quick check in from me. There were a lot of temptations around this weekend, as my kids had their first sleepover. We had a 22 month old, two 3 year olds, and a 4 year old at my house. What was I thinking? Actually it went really well, the guest kids were extremely well behaved and everybody had fun and slept well. The other parents have a 2 month old as well, so I wanted to give them a "night off" to rest.

We ordered pizza, and they brought chocolate chip cookies. In the AM I made pumpkin spice pancakes with coconut milk. It was hard to keep my hands out of that! Chipotle for dinner last night, and a sausage stir fry for lunch yesterday. Lots of cravings for sweets yesterday so had a peach with lunch and dinner. At dinner I smeared coconut oil on it and sprinkled cinnamon on it too.

I have commited to turning my Whole30 into Whole45, which means I'll be done 10/15. I just feel like I need to keep going. I'm a little (okay, a lot) bit nervous about this weekend, as I'm going to a writing retreat where the meals are all vegan (except Friday night). Here's the menu plan, with what I'm not having in red:

Friday: Baked wild-caught salmon with kale and pineapple (cooked with coconut oil), mango chickpea-cucumber salad, balsamic-glazed strawberries with coconut gelato

Saturday:
Breakfast:Vegan green smothies/fresh fruit/raw nuts/coffee/tea

Lunch: Salad Bar

Dinner: Vegan chili, quinoa, garbanzo bean blondies

Sunday:
Breakfast: Vegan green smothies/fresh fruit/raw nuts/coffee/tea

Lunch: Travel home

I think I need to bring proteins for breakfasts, Saturday lunch, and Saturday night dinner, and fat for whenever? Also lunch for Sunday.

I signed up for this retreat back in August with one of my best friends and thought I'd be done with the Whole30, but I just know I have to keep going.

Meal 1 today: in a rush - sweet potato hash cooked in ghee and coconut oil, with salt and cinnamon on it, and a compliant True Story sausage, berries

Meal 2: salad bar at whole foods with 2 eggs, couple of handfuls of coconut flakes

Meal 3: some sort of chicken/snap pea/sunshine sauce stirfry? I don't know...I hope my hubby fixes up something amazing before I get home :)

Hope you're all doing well!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi ladies !  tried my veggeti tonight - it worked pretty well.  made some zoodles.

AAHH Texas - this time of year up here is getting cold - might have to take you up on the spare room !! LOL

It sounds like you have a great plan for your retreat !!!

all is good in this universe- Watched Food, Inc...   what an eye opener !!   I won't be buying Tyson chicken any more !   

Beara, you are brave! Hopefully you had a lot of help during the sleepover. When I have my 4 and 6 yr. old grands it is a busy time. From your experience I can see that I will have to plan easy food for me. The kids are picky, but I think they are less picky when their parents are not around. Glad you'll still be with me for a while longer.

Today I did yard work from 10:00 to 5:30, with a break for lunch and two water breaks sitting on the front lawn bench. Tomorrow is clean the house day...once a month real thorough job with only needed touch ups during the month. It helps only having two people in the house. I still have 1300 steps to make my 10,000 but I will do that while watching "Outlander".

Breakfast: Breakfast Mix from "It Starts With Food" and some of Sunday's green beans. I warmed the frozen mix for a minute in the microwave then flattened it out and put some cold green beans on top to warm for another minute. Adding a vegetable on top of the previously frozen mix helps add some moisture. Really good! (three weeks ago I would have thought green beans for breakfast was nuts.) and a slice of melon.

Lunch: since I staggered in around 12:30 I needed food fast...and water even faster. I had 2 compliant sausages and the remaining potatoes from Sunday. Quick, easy, satisfying! And an apple.

Dinner: Slowly walked in after spreading the lawn dressing and it was too late (and I was totally disinterested) to cook the butternut squash soup that was planned for tonight. It can simmer tomorrow when I am in the house. So I cooked some frozen chicken tenders on coconut oil and coated the chicken pieces during the second half with Well Fed dipping sauce that was in my fridge. A little lemon, a little basil from the garden, some oil. Voila! It was really good. And some frozen broccoli. Quickly made and fast cleanup.

This week is quiet for me, so I can concentrate on finishing this Whole30 and getting the dang steps.

Beara, it is great that you have the menu for the retreat ahead of time! Since they are cooking with coconut oil maybe you can ask for some of that for your fat. You are committed to take on a whole weekend with non-W30ers. A dinner/lunch is one thing, a weekend is much more difficult, but you seem to have it well in hand! I know we will be thinking about you....your team will send you good vibes.

Jillibean, how are you doing? Is your work schedule still crazy hectic? Let us know how you are doing if you check in with us.

Good night all!

Mary

My house is clean! and I made dinner!

But my day is folding in on me...I made up my steps on the treadmill and did make 11000. And I watched a TV program of no redeeming value while I did it. Good times.

Breakfast: 2 eggs cooked in ghee and mashed sweet potatoes...I really like the frozen pucks! Will do it again when I run out.

Lunch: Ate around 2:30 because that's when I finished. Tuna, cucumber slices, avacado, Whole30 mayo and some coconut flakes. Lovely.

Dinner: Paleo Tuna Cakes, a slight changeup from Nom Nom Paleo's "spicy tuna cakes" and Paleo Butternut Squash Soup - Traditional. The website gives 5 different versions. I cooked the vegetables in a pot on the stove, I didn't have time to slow cook, and it was still wonderful. Two tuna cakes and 1 1/2 cups soup was a fantastic dinner. I even remembered to take pictures!

http://gutsybynature.com/2014/08/02/paleo-tuna-cakes/

http://paleopot.com/2012/10/paleo-butternut-squash-soup-5-slow-cooker-varieties/

Tomorrow is my day 27! That means Saturday I will measure, weight and take another picture. I'm curious. And I am so glad I am off the weigh, journal, count points/calories merry-go-round. And I'm proud that I haven't been eating between meals.

I enjoy hearing about your struggles and successes!

Turning in.......

As the kids say in school, tomorrow is hump day!

Good night!

Mary

post-52480-0-28152000-1412134950_thumb.j

post-52480-0-46823800-1412134953_thumb.j

Good morning. 

Speaking of veggie noodles, on Monday, I made a simple bolognese sauce. I had a beautiful yellow zucchini that I turned into beautiful squiggly noodles. These I tossed in a hot wok with a bit of ghee and minced garlic and then topped them with the bolognese. Delicious!

Mary, I imagine the spiralizer is a lot easire on the hands/muscles than the vegetti. I can tell I'm going to get a lot of use out of it. 

Today is my Day 30! Yikes, how did that happen? As I eat my mashed sweet potato, 1/2 tin of tuna, 1/2 avocado dressed with paleo mayo, I start to reflect over this last month. I've loved reading all of your journeys. I'm going to give some time this evening to do my reflection and planning on what to do next. 

I am starting to read up on re-entry. I'm thinking that this has become a way of life for me with modifications and occasional absolutions for special times. I'm thinking of cravings. Sugar was never a problem. Oddly, today, when I made my tuna/avocado/sweetpotato mix, I thought about toast. I miss the crunch! I think you know what I mean. 

This past month has been a month of making healthy choices. I'm using the rowing machine and love it. I did get out in the mountains and hike. That was a workout. I feel clean inside. I still haven't conquered coming home after work and having a couple of handfuls of cashews/pecans. That will be the next hurdle to conquer. I'll get there.

I will keep checking in on this list after today. You haven't seen the last of me. When is everyone else's last day? 

widget

Today is my last day as well, of my initial 30, but I'll keep going to a Whole45. The fact that today is Day 30 seems kind of...surprising to me...like it just snuck up on me! At the beginning of the program 30 days seemed so long...yet here it is!

I have started to really see results in the last week, and I think I need more time for them to sink in.I also am still fighting that sugar dragon! It really has a hold on me! I am going to take my measurements/weigh tonight. I don't keep a scale at home, so I used my mom's scale to weigh at the beginning and she took my measurements, so I'll use her scale and have her measure me for consistency. I never did take "before" pictures.

I've been struggling to get my steps in, but I'm trying! Mary, your meals yesterday sound SO yummy. I was surprised to realize a few days ago that I haven't been eating much between meals either. It just kind of happened, just like it was supposed to.

Widget, that bolognese with yellow zucchini sounds yummy too. I understand what you mean about the crunch of toast! I personally like the taste of butter as it melts on crunchy warm toast :) I also have a tendancy to grab a handful of something to snack on after getting home from work. Growing up, my parents would start snacking as soon as they were in the door. It's a tough habit to break.

I'm glad that the two of you will still keep checking in!

Yesterday, Meal 3: Roasted chicken drumsticks and sugar snap peas with sizzling garlic (adapted from Well Fed 2)

Today

Meal 1: True Story sausage, pumpkin pudding (http://www.preppypaleo.com/2012/05/whole30-breakfast-recipes.html) (Note: I do not consider this to be SWYPO nor a no-brakes food for me) (and wow, it was delicious. and SO FILLING!) 

Meal 2: a mish-mash of leftover snap peas and spaghetti squash, sunshine sauce, and a True Story sausage (having those sausages on hand has saved my protein!)

Meal 3: celebratory birthday dinner for my mom, planning on making a soup while the rest of them eat homemade pizza. I need to find a quick easy soup that I can whip up between the hours of 5 and 6 tonight! 

Can't wait to hear from you all about how your last day goes!

My last day is Saturday. I think I will re-read "It Starts With Food" next week. I can't wait to hear how you measure up!

Today was a simple eating day.

Breakfast: Breakfast cassrerole, green beans, strawberries. Black decaf coffee.

Lunch: Turkey burger, last of the green beans, melon.

Dinner: Salmon, broccoli, Apple. Decaf tea.

This morning I did errands, including trying to find things in a reorganized grocery store. I got home around 2:00 . I was tired, grumpy, dropping things. After I sat and ate my lunch and drank more water I felt so much better...I think tired and confusion is how I exhibit hunger.

Tina, how much longer are you doing this?

Have a good night!

Mary

Good morning! I took my measurements last night and I've dropped about 5.5 inches, including 2 from my waist, and 7 pounds. I feel good about that weight loss, because it averages out to about 1.5 or 2 pounds/week. At the same time, I feel disappointed that I am attached to a number for validation! As I mentioned before, I don't have a scale in my house, and I don't ever complain about how I look or if I feel uncomfortable in my own skin in front of my children, especially my daughter (age 3). We don't talk about losing weight, or counting calories...we focus on moving our bodies and getting the vitamins and minerals we need from the foods that we eat. But I still care about that number... I guess it will take time to get out of that habit.

I noticed last night I was moving really s-l-o-w-l-y cleaning up the kitchen after we were done celebrating my mom's birthday. I don't think I had enough fat yesterday at lunch and dinner. It was really interesting to make that association!

Today will be all about getting food together for my retreat this weekend.

Meal 1: butternut squash soup (made with coconut milk and a little bit of prosciutto), 2 eggs cooked in ghee,  a small amount of ground pork

Meal 2: another interesting mish-mash of sardines in olive oil, spaghetti squash, more butternut squash soup, and part of an avocado

Meal 3: roasted chicken thighs, roasted broccoli, the rest of the avocado, maybe some pumpkin pudding from yesterday

yum! Good luck on your retreat this weekend, Beara! With all your forethought your meal supplementation should be relatively easy. It sure helps me to have a plan!

Congratulations on the results of your Whole30! Ok, so we shouldn't be tied to numbers but how we feel. Understanding food and the relationship to our bodies is paramount, I get it. However, it is nice to see progress measured against the old rubrics.

I have not minded at all, no - let me state this in a stronger voice...

I have totally enjoyed not weighing myself daily and not tracking every calorie or point consumed. I have felt confident that the food that I was eating was healthy and tasty. But, I will start a new Whole30 on Monday. Sunday I will have a glass of wine on my interim day. Going crazy here! Sunday morning I will measure and photograph. It will be interesting to me.

Yesterday (actually we are still tracking meals, but this is not as onerous as ingredient-by-ingredient!)

Breakfast: Sweet potato and two eggs cooked in ghee. Strawberries.

Lunch: Tuna, small avocado, cucumber slices with Whole30 mayo (actually surprised by how much I like this lunch), topped by some coconut flakes. Melon.

Dinner: Robb Wolf's Taco Salad & Guacamole. This was a little spicey for us. Next time I'll use less chile powder. There will be a next time! Note: I ate some of the remaining guacamole with my breakfast mix this morning and it was lovely, so the heat must be from the chile powder. I used Texas Salt Lick salsa which is compliant and very good....but it is probably a regional product from Austin.

Widget, does your rowing machine measure distance rowed? What is a good metric? Did you do any post 30 measuring/weighing?

Ok gals, I'm off to my volunteer gig. Have a great Friday...we're thinking of you This weekend, Beara!

Mary

Hi everyone !  

Today is day 30  !  wow -  and this month has not been the torture that I thought it would be.  I am able to drink some teas without sugar - I gave up coffee, and I feel great.  Clothes fit better, I think my mood is a little better.

I am going to just keep doing this -  Mary I am also going to have some wine.. next weekend is our annual girls wine and cheese trip to Door County.  Looking forward to it - however I decided that I will not try all the wines - I know which ones I like so I will have those and I think that will be a good reintro to see how wine affects me.    I am not sure about re-introing the alcohol that I was enjoying.  I know they are made from grains - so on the fence about those.  but we will see.

I am going to try some cheese - but again - not really missing it - so I don't think it would go back into my daily meals.   Butter - I will try - I usually don't use much, so will try that and see how that affects me.  With not drinking coffee - really don't need to try cream.  we don't drink milk.

I am going to measure myself this weekend, and weigh on Monday ( no scale at home - so am using the one here at work in the fitness center)

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Dear Tina, Beara and Mary,

Brava to all of you. What a journey this past month has been. I'm so glad to have had you all to share it with. I have lost four pounds so here I sit at 141. Not a huge weight loss but at this age, I think is moves slowly. I have taken off an inch on my waist and and 1.5 around my ribs, just below the bra line, another inch off the belly fat. These small changes are significant as my clothes fit better. No more muffin top jeans!!!!! I can wear a t shirt without a flowing sweater to hide anything. This is good.

But more important than the minor weight loss has been good sleep, good energy and an intentional approach to food. It hasn't been a chore. I still haven't had that glass of wine yet. I made a decision to not drink alone but to have a glass of wine, *not two or three, when happy and with friends. I have incorporated daily exercise back into my life. 

As I mentioned at the beginning, the approach I took to Whole30 was more of an anti-inflammatory diet. My fingers are not so stiff when I wake up in the morning and the arthritis in my shoulders has loosened up as well. Yay! 

Mary, the rowing machine does measure distance covered, intensity of stroke and all that good stuff. I love the design and how I hear the sound of the water swishing with each stroke. I'm still on a learning curve with it as I want to learn slowly and not cause injury. I'm up to twelve minutes a day. I know that doesn't sound like much, but it's a concentrated overall cardio and conditioning workout. And, I love the natural wood and design. When I store it, standing up, it takes up the same footage as a chair. (http://www.amazon.com/WaterRower-Natural-Machine-Ash-S4/dp/B000A6QIMS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412350193&sr=8-1&keywords=waterrower). This was a very good investment. You can also order it directly from the manufacturer waterrower.com. Free shipping from Amazon. 

Going forward I am not going to stop the Whole30 lifestyle. It works for me. I think with the upped daily exercise that the belly fat will shift eventually.  I will think three times when offered some anything with sugar or wheat. I do love food and I love the recipes you've shared. I will work on my portion control and maybe have to hide that container of cashews a little farther from reach. 

Let's stay in touch. May I suggest we flip over to the other forum: Your Post Whole30 Log. We can set up a thread there. Let's give ourselves a name that we can find each other. Suggestions welcome. It could be as easy as  WMBT's Post W30. Other catchy title suggestions? Let me know and I'll set it up and find you there. 

widget

a1.jpg

widget that is a great idea... !  I have enjoyed our conversations and would love to continue the support.  I am so anxious to see how my body ends up !!  and imagine we didn't DIET  !!!   who would have thunk ....that we could do all this with just eating the way we should have been eating all along!

I am going to start incorporating some exercise.  I have a glider - however my new apt is too small to set it up. I really do want to try yoga - I have a tape but I would like to learn the moves properly before I try on my own.

I can't wait to hear how your intro's will go. 

I wish I had a tape measure right now (but my daughter needed it - so it is at her house ) but I must wait until tomorrow.

M1   was cauliflower rice w/ gr. beef with a  coconut gravy

M2   was a big salad, chicken, boiled egg, cukes, peppers, tomato, cauliflower, avocado w/ olive balsamic vinegar.

M3   left over Italian meatballs w/ some sauce and acorn squash

I know that I HAVE TO be better prepared, or I could see myself slipping.   I made it 30 days - I can do this !   I think I am going to get a Costco membership so that I can get organic meats/butter and other things.  The prices at my local stores are so off the mark when it comes to prices.  If I'm gonna keep us eating organic/grassfeed - then I have to get better prices.

another NSV - my rings fit again !!  and not just in the morning !  they were not tight at all - all day long   whoot whoot !

I can't wait to go the doctor when I have my yearly and tell her what I accomplished WITHOUT pills !

l'll post my results tomorrow  :D

Widget, I like your idea too...WMBT ! I'll stay here through my measurements on Sunday morning. Beara will probably check in on Monday when she returns from her retreat. I agree with your thoughts on wine. Occasional one, not daily one or two...It's funny, I miss being part of the pre-dinner ritual more than the drink. I moved to club soda with a splash of lemon or organic tart cherry juice (also good for joints) for a little taste. And have come to like that.

B: Breakfast mix, leftover guacamole, finished the strawberries! coffee

L: Leftover salmon, broccoli, apple. decaf tea.

D: Nom Nom Slow Cooker Beef & Tomato Stew.  I did the prep last night so I could dump it all in the slow cooker by 7 am. (There is something wrong in my mind about cooking onions before breakfast. ) It cooked on low for 11 hours. Boy did the house smell good when I came back from my volunteer work!

Tomorrow's meals will be picks from the very full freezer of selections for every meal. Dinner will be Paleo Italian Meatball Hoagies: Leftover Edition. (Hey, I'm originally from Philadelphia!!)

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com/?s=Paleo+Italian+Meatball+hoagies%3A+Leftover+edition

Sunday's dinner will be Pumpkin Cashew Coconut Curry over Coconut Rice. (Here you go, Widget!)  But I'll skip the teaspoon of raw honey. I'll also make it less spicey (why do so many recipes have red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and curry powder? I DO live in South Texas, but enough already!)

http://paleomg.com/pumpkin-cashew-coconut-curry-coconut-rice/

I like so many of the recipes found on the different Paleo websites I have visited! I think I may plan a week of real simple meals. I haven't had a good steak for a while!

Let's see: Steak - Chicken - Fish - Salad - Pork - Vegetable omelet - compliant sausage - ground turkey skillet concoction. That's the ticket, a relaxing week!  My son says he hasn't looked at many recipes at all during the last couple months. I'd get bored with just steak!

Tomorrow is a quiet day -- I did my work during the week, well, except for a pile of laundry. But I want to get started on smocking Addie's wild dress. Tomorrow's the day. ..and walk!!

Now, early to bed.

I'll check in on Sunday with data. Hope it's as positive as yours has been!

Good night and good weekend!

Mary

Physical changes are secondary to how I feel !  I feel wonderful. !! plain and simple ~ wonderful.  I have been looking for solutions for my minor ailments - bloating, swelling, joint pain, plantar fasciitis, Charlie horses.  Without PILLS !

I have gone 30 days without using Aleve, ibuprofen, or  diclofenac.   According to It starts with Food... these can all lead to leaky gut.   I never used to go a day without some sort of pill.  I started w/ 75mg diclofenac, and then that didn't work - so that was doubled.  My migraines didn't respond to 1 or 2 aleve..  took 4.

I did have some headaches this past 30 days, but 2 Tylenol - and they were gone.  That is HUGE !!

The purpose of this is to make us aware of what goes in your mouth.  I feel so empowered to make the right choices for my body.  I know I can eat out - and make the right choices.  I do wish that olive oil and balsamic vinegar were on more menus for dressing options.

I am Thankful that I learned about all extra sugar - in EVERYTHING !   I am Thankful that not having the extra sugar - has caused my organs - to use the fat that I have reserved !  Instead of storing more !

I have lost 1" from all measured body parts !!  however my chest I lost 2"  <_<   Go Figure - the one place I wouldn't mind keeping 'fat' !

I had to go get some new pants for work - and actually fit into 1 size smaller than I did 30 days ago.

I will weigh myself tomorrow morning.  I will post tomorrow  !! :D

Day 2 of another W30

Yesterday was a day spent with my daughters and grandson.  Took them to an indoor sports arena, little man played in the inflatables, and then to play with all the games that you need tokens.

We went to dinner and I ordered a salad, but forgot to tell them to hold the cheese.  So it came to our table loaded with cheese, BUT it did have 3 cucumbers, and 3 tomatoes !  I ordered the raspberry vinagerette, but of course it had sugar in it and I couldn't bring my self to eat it.

I had eaten 2 boiled eggs and some fresh veggies prior to going out, so that lasted me until the salad.  I managed to eat enough of the salad to keep me until breakfast.  My daughters couldn't believe that I could eat the salad w/out any dressing.  Both are very proud of me ! for hanging in here and made it to the end of the W30.

Today

Had a friend come to lunch - she had no idea that she was eating a W30 compliant meal !!    Baked an organic chicken (stuffed w/ apple, onion and garlic) acorn squash, grilled green beans,  a mix of  sweet potatoes/white potatoes topped w/ onions. 

I made clarified butter - so put that on the squash - that has been the only thing I have added.  The last 30 days were without it.

M1  was breakfast meatballs, dipped in home made mayo w/ mustard, and shredded rutabaga

M3  was a huge salad,  chicken, cukes, jicama, carrots (all julienned- not the chicken ^_^ ) cauliflower, avocado and oil and vinegar.

Love that my food is all YUMMY and I am not FULL but satisfied.  and I don't snack !!!

I am not anxious to weigh myself - but I am wondering if I really did lose weight.  We will find out tomorrow !

Good morning Monday to everyone,

Tina, amazing result about how your body is healing and that you have ignificantly wean from your meds to manage migraines and other stuffs. So proud of you. Sounds like a success to me. Health and wellness are primary. Weight loss...I like that we are doing this in a very healthy and balanced way. Even two pounds a month is going to be significant after 6 months. That's probably going to be my rate.

Over the weekend I did some re-entry. I ate out at a Vietnamese restaurant and had stir-fried veggies with tofu. No lingering after affects. Then tried cheese the next day, a very old flavoursome cheddar. I spread it on an apple. Meh....that one I will save for special. 

The interesting observation for me was that I went out on Friday night and invited my friend back to the house for conversation and a drink. I offered him his usual: single malt (we are both scotch aficionados) and I felt no compulsion to join him, even for a glass of wine. Apparently, I'm not ready yet. I was satisfied with my soda water and slice of lime. A very odd feeling. I thought I would be so glad to sip my first glass of wine. Apparently not in a rush.

After We hear the weigh in results from Tina, I'll open a new thread on the other forum for Post 30. I'll put a link here so you can find us there. 

widget

DRRRRRUUUMMM  ROLL PLEASE   ~   I have lost 11 lbs !!   it is probably water weight - but it is 11 lbs of water weight - and ALL accomplished without PILLS !!  I am sooooo excited !

Widget - I've always have wanted to try scotch - but now I don't know.  I don't have any interest in taking up my Gin again.

You all have been so supportative - I can't wait to see how our stories unfold !!

T

Congratulations to all of you. All weekend I knew I'd have the pleasure of checking in on Monday and hearing greating accomplishments - scale and non-scale. It was easy for me to stick to clean eating this weekend. I chose to eat a few things that I knew were not compliant; for example, Saturday morning we had a coconut milk chia seed pudding, and I know there was carageenan in the coconut milk she used to make it, as well as a bit of maple syrup. Saturday night I was seriously considering a glass of wine, but ultimately decided to eat 2 bites of a garbonzo bean blondie (made with garbanzo beans, almond butter, maple syrup, sea salt and dark chocolate chunks) and I feel great about my decision. It was thought-out, not impulsive...I didn't reach for it just because it was in front of me, nor did I mindlessly eat the whole thing... I ate 2 bites and I felt satisfied. Plus, it didn't send me on a wild binge reaching for everything sugar-laden in sight! The biggest victory here is that I was in control of the decision I made :) Yesterday was just another day of Whole30 eating.

I am so thankful that I've had the support of each of you during this journey, and I am thrilled that we'll keep checking in and supporting each other as we keep on with our Whole30s or while we go through introductions. Onwards to the journey of better health!!

Ok, I weighed in yesterday and lost 8 pounds.Yay! I lost 1 1/2 inches from my waist. The post picture shows improvement....more to come.

I took a day off and my splurge was a glass of red wine. It was underwhelming. So I started my 2nd Whole30 yesterday. Today is day 2.

On Saturday I had to go to the mall, and I had to walk from one end to the other and back...past the soft pretzel vendor, chocolate shop, cinnamon buns, you get it. No problem. I did find a new tea shop and stopped to chat and taste some decaf tea.

I'm in Austin helping with my 7 month old granddaughters this week. An armful of baby is wonderful! Anyway, I brought some of my vast supply of Whole30 frozen dishes. Boy am I glad I did! I was able to grab a compliant lunch in between feeding pureed peaches and a pediatrician appointment.

Ok ladies, let me know where to tune in next! This week is leftovers and next week will be simple protein, fat, and vegetables.

Wish me a full night sleep!

Mary

Archived