October 1 Start Date

k2kre

Hi,

I'm starting today also.  This is my second W30 and I'm looking forward to getting more energy back as It was fleeting once my old eating patterns crept back into my diet. My hardest thing is grains.  This was challenging for the first round, but I hope to make it through.  I didnt really use the boards for support so looking forward to the exchange.

Hey all,

Another newbie to the forum here.  38 y/o female with a 50lb weight loss goal ahead, in addition to pinpointing what food sensitivities I may have.  Monday marked Day 1 for me, so I think we're close enough I can hop along for the ride here. :)  This is my second attempt at the Whole30, and if I make it past Day 5, I'll already be doing better than the first time around.  For the most part, I take the paleo approach to my daily eating, but this no-wine-and-cheese bit is going to be the toughest!

Good luck to all!

Hi all!

I too am starting another W30 today after a month off!  I did my first one in August with great success but fell back into the candy dish and wine bottle (a little) in September.  I didn't gain any weight back but my sugar dragon is back in force and I feel the need for some structure which this forum offers in spades!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Today was my first day of my first whole30 too! I'm 42 and about 25 pounds overweight with a host of what I now know is probably inflammation related symptoms such as vertigo, neck muscle spasms, carpal tunnel and headaches. All of these are mild but still...a person should feel better so that's what I intend to do!

One of my big issues is a serious diet dew addiction as well as sugar. My first day went ok except for the raging headache I always get when I take out the pop. I am not a coffee drinker so I can't sub that in for caffeine. The meals were good with just a little hunger mid day, but I have 6 hours between lunch and dinner so I expected that. All of us can support each other to make it to our new selves!!

Best of luck to us all!

Hey guys,

Happy Day 2! I must say, even though its only day 2, I woke up with an energy I cant remember feeling for the longest time. Also havent woken up NOT feeling bloated in, I cant even remember. All that heavy food from the night before sitting in the bottom of your stomach and making you feel sluggish in the morning. Already gone! :) My day 1 went great. I definitely felt the appitite changes and stomach protests but with all the foods I ate, I actually felt fuller longer vs. anything else Ive been eating. Im the only one in my household doing Whole30, and as they ate thier snacks and pizza's and pastas, despite my protesting stomach, I was actually ok with not even wanting a bite. I know Im in for some major changes come day 3 - 30, but it just felt really great prepping and cutting and cooking REAL food. Exploring different textures, food consistancies, and the smells in my house are AMAZING. I still have a lot I want to prepare and explore but Im feeling great and am preparing myself for the rough days but looking forward to see the results come day 30. Anyone second guessing, hang in there! If you havent felt the energy or slightest change yet, you will. Stick it out and do it, for you. xoxo

Okay peeps...how are we doing!????

I must say that I've surprised myself.  I really thought this was going to be HE double hockey sticks.  But I can't believe how fast my sugar cravings have dwindled.  I still get the pang every once in awhile mostly after lunch but not as much as I would have thought.

How did everyone do over the weekend?

I was a little skeptical about how I would do.  That is usually when my eating patterns are the worst.  I would be busy for the day and just grab some quick fast food, pizza or chinese whenever I decided to eat.  And I would snack on Snickers or cookies through the days.  I also am a frequent social drinker not a lot of drinking because I never like how I feel the next day but where I will have dinner and drinks and stay out for some more drinks.  I had a birthday party that I skipped out on because I didn't want to be tempted.  But the good news is, I ate three meals each day and planned meals for this week!

Let me know how you are doing!  I'm excited to hear the stories.  

Here is my Pinterest recipe board:  http://www.pinterest.com/eastman0253/whole-30/  

Feel free to add me and share any of your recipes!

Day 6 and I'm going great! It's been a long hard road these pasted few days, had a break down, emotional roller coaster, went through the "hangover" faze and felt hit by a truck and soooo tired, but today I woke up feeling GOOD. And pants I couldn't button went up and buttoned with no problem! Take that for encouragement! Now I know there still will be rough times ahead but the little changed I've seen so far have are really keeping me committed. My sugar crave has also gone down dramatically. They spike when I'm around the junk food and pizza and all the stuff I love to eat but I've, for the first time ever, have had will power. I'm constantly looking for new recipes and new foods as I don't want to get seriously board come day 15. But all has been well so far and I'm seeing it through to the end! Keep it up everyone!

I'm late to the party, but wanted to introduce myself. I'm a homeschooling momma of two grade school kiddos. This is the first whole30 for my husband and myself. We have been gluten free for a while and mostly processed foods free. But lately I had been giving in to the abundance of "gluten free" junk food that's out there now. I also loved my sugar. So here I am on day 6 of my whole30 and feeling pretty great - especially compared with what I was anticipating! Hubby is doing great as well. Biggest challenge for us so far has been keeping ourselves prepared food wise. Lunch has been extra challenging for me. My husband takes leftovers for lunch and I make something for myself since I'm home. It's just a big change to go from grabbing whatever is around for breakfast and lunch and only really planning dinner, to having to plan out, in detail, 3 meals a day.

Anyhow, really looking forward to a healthier, more energetic me at the end of this journey!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well.......Here we are - Day 28.  How many of you are still with me?

I can't believe how fast this month has gone by and how awesome I feel.  

I've made the decision to pretty much stick with Paleo with a few indulgences here and there.  But I will never go back to my old eating behaviors.  

What about you?

Archived