Breakfast & Lunch Ideas on Business Trip

jennl

Hi Everyone- 

I will be attending a conference in Atlanta next week which will be days 27-29 so I make to make sure i'm prepared! This forum has given me some great ideas on nonperishable emergency options and fruits and veggies. The conference is 8-5 each day so dinner won't be an issue, but I'm wondering the best ways to get protein/a full meal in for breakfast and lunch? I will be flying so I can't pack anything perishable. There is a Whole Foods not to far away... does anyone have good suggestions for breakfast and lunch when cooking isn't an option?? Or know of anything precooked at WF that's compliant??

Also, any of you in the Atlanta area.. any suggestions on restaurants I may have good luck at near the Buckhead area would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks!!

Google Whole30 business trip for previous discussion on this topic.

I'm thinking hard boiled eggs, at a minimum, are a protein option at your hotel's restaurant at breakfast.  If you can't get compliant grilled vegetables with it, get fresh fruit.  (Or take the eggs to your room, and assuming you have a fridge in your room, get some fresh vegetables at Whole Foods to have with your breakfast and lunch.)

At Whole Foods, along with vegetables, get some avocados, compliant canned tuna, salmon or chicken, and you're set for lunches (mash the avocado in with the protein).  You might check for their pre-cooked "naked" rotisserie chicken to see if that's compliant.

• 3 weeks later...

order some sugar free beef jerky online, its good in a pinch,....also restaurants almost all have a chicken breast and salad for lunch, breaksfast can be soft boiled eggs and fresh fruit, most of the breakfast buffets and room service have that.. and keep an eye out for little grocery stores on the way home from your last meeting....lots of them in NY i plan on hitting those up for some fresh vegies...good luck...

Archived