30 days and going!

CmarieS

I have to say, I never thought a book could change my entire thinking when it came to food. I especially didn't think that I could give up my precious cheese! Well, I did it!!! I can't believe how much this book changed me. It changed my life! It changed my husband and my kids, in ways I didn't think possible. My 9 year old daughter even passed on a snack at school because it had chocolate in it. She took a piece of fruit instead! I am just so thrilled! I also lost 12 pounds and am back where I have been trying to get to for 4 years! one month changed all of that! My husband also lost 12 pounds.

The thing that hit me the most with this book was the quote "You aren't that busy." So right on! We lead such busy lives. Working full time, 2 kids in school, girl scouts, sports, hubby works fulltime, is a firefighter, and wrestling coach...we are busy to say the least...We are also proof that we just aren't too busy to eat right. If we can do it for a month, anyone can. We now know for sure that we can do this for life because, we aren't too busy to take care of ourselves!

The hardest part of this entire process is here at the "end". I don't like saying I "finished" the whole 30 because I haven't finished anything. I have completely changed in ways that I will never go back to the way I was before. My kids are making better choices every day with food and That will go with them their entire lives. That is something that I cannot be done with.

A special thank you to the authors of this book and to Ryan, the friend who introduced us to the program. We are forever thankful!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Its good to hear that people can make changes for the better! I'm on day 2 and everything smells like toast. But you're right about how its just as easy to make a good food choice verses a bad. Instead of chocolate I bought dried mangoes this week. Cost was the same but my mindset was different. i hope that i can get to the point you're at, happy and feeling great! Good luck with continuing your journey.

Archived