Start date September 21

chafbui

Lexybelle, my goodness girl, that is too much to go through in such a short period, no one would blame you for what happened. I am so sorry to hear about your being sick, your boyfriend and dog. Even if you weren't up to starting right back tomorrow please keep with our forum, we are all in this together.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lexybelle, I hope you stay in touch with us on the forum. Things may seem difficult right now, but you seem like a strong women who can overcome anything you set your heart to. Take a few days to grieve your lost and when you're ready, jump right back into it. We're not going any where and still here to cheer you on!

Oh Lexibelle, my heart goes out to you.  What you went/are going through was not minor - you had so many things happening in your life that I'd be surprised that if you didn't drink a couple of bottles of wine!  Good for you for sharing and planning to start again - wow, impressive!

Kim

Tough weekend - just in terms of some stress at work, then last night was invited to a birthday party for a girl from work.  The lady that was cooking dinner had very kindly offered to conform to Whole 30 for me so that was nice.  But she served up dirty martini's to start - LOVE THEM! and then one of my favourite sparkling wines with dinner!  I resisted!  And resisted the amazing looking roasted marinated olives that had some non-whole30 ingredients.  Got a few jabs sent my way, but stayed strong!

Hope you all are doing well with some yummy food.  I can't believe how much I can eat for breakfast every day!

Kim

Hi guys, thanks for everything.

I had a couple of days of indulgence and self pity but I got out y/day and hit it hard in the gym and burnt off the negative energy. I'm already feeling much stronger, I hate to wallow in negative emotion.

Them in the evening restocked my fridge. I'm gonna spend today cooking and general menu planning as I'm back to work tmw.

My dad and girlfriend come in a couple of week so I'll be 100% on track til they come but I'm gonna allow a free indulgence when they are here- wine and dessert probably lol! Although I'll still be avoiding bread as I'm pretty sure that the cause of the horrible bloating I'm suffering.

I'm already planning a full whole30 in November. I know I can do it I've already proven that to myself.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving people!  How is everyone doing?  It's been a few days and I find myself thinking of you all and wondering how everyone's doing - DAY 22 - wow!  Nearly there!  I just made "Kickin' Cranberry Sauce" from that awesome website http://theclothesmakethegirl.com to take to my friends house tonight who is cooking dinner for my daughter and I after I finish work.

So far so good for me, all going well.  Really interested to stand on those scales in 8 days.  I feel like I've lost some weight even though I wasn't overweight to begin with.  I find that amazing considering how much food I'm consuming!!  And it's been so yummy too.  I had some girlfriends over the other night and cooked a whole meal for them and they just raved about the food - all from that same website - I love her recipe's - so good.

Take care everyone and let us know however this is all going for you please?

Kim

Hi everyone, I'm still here :) Hard to believe one week left to this challenge!! I've been super busy, I found part time work. I might not be eating as much and as often as I should, but still feel pretty good as far as energy goes. I think my stomach has shrunken because I am not having as many snack cravings as I did in the beginning. And definitely feel like the pounds are slowly coming off. Proud of us all for sticking to it this far, it's all down hill from here on out guys and gals. Wishing you all the best!!

- Chaf

Good for you Chaf, good to hear from you.  Where did everyone else go?  Christian, Lexibelle, however you're doing, whether you dropped off or whatever, please share?!! :o   

I can't believe we're almost done!  Not sure whether tomorrow is the day we can re-find our scales or we have to wait until the end of the day.  I definitely feel so good - my sleep is amazing - that won me over all on its own - to have a good nights sleep is worth so much to me!  My aches in my shoulder have gone away too, and not one headache in 30 days!   I think my hubby is going to do a 2 week Whole 30 with me when he comes home (it's all he can fit in with his travel) so that's good.  Christian, you inspired him when I shared your story of getting off your Heartburn meds as he struggles a lot with heartburn and headaches.

Hugs to you all - wherever you are and whatever you are up to!

Kim

x

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!!!, we made it. Even if we had a couple of stumbles or got off the track a few times (like me). But regardless these 30 days have been life changing. For the first time in my life I have lost weight, had control over what I put in my mouth, and I am even able to say no to snacks now. Snacks were mandatory for me, countless times per day. I also quit eating late. I would eat like there was no tomorrow right before I went to bed, and that habit is dead.

Hope everyone, whether 100% compliant or 25% has had benefits and improved from this experience. Glad I got to go through this with all of you. I don't know that I'll ever see things the same way again. I thought I would be running to try refried beans, bean burgers, and grill cheese sandwiches, and ice cream, but I don't care for them anymore.  I would like to hear what all of you gained from the whole 30.

Way to go Christian!!  Woohoo!  This was quite the achievement eh?  Were you happy with the weight loss figure and are you still going with a sort-of Whole 30 diet?

As for me, I was very happy with the results for sure.  The thing I love the most is the amazing sleep and my loss of aches in my shoulder - this will keep me on a Whole 30 diet with the odd exception when the mood or occasion presents itself - like Saturday is a Pot-luck party with friends where I'm sure there will be non-compliant food and plenty of wine!  I'm going to bring a couple of Whole 30 dishes as I just LOVE the food and spreading the word (without being too painful I hope!)  My husband is going to do it also when he gets back from work, but it'll be for a only 3 weeks though.  I just want to know if his heartburn goes away!  I also lost 6 pounds even though I wasn't really overweight, but had a few "extra bits" that weren't needed so good to get rid of that!!

Where did everyone else go??  How did it go folks??!!

Kim

Thank you Kim :) Glad to hear about all the benefits and the shoulder pain leaving. Also, glad to hear your husband will be giving it a try. I think my wife will eventually try it after seeing the good benefits I have experienced. My weight loss was insane. I lost about 16 pounds. But then again I was morbidly obese (for the first time I am no longer over 300lbs), and I also took up a more active life style. As for the food, yesterday I went grocery shopping and was not tempted to buy sweets or bread at all. So while I will have my oatmeal and maybe a good sandwich or burger once in a while I am happy to say all my sugar and bread addictions are gone. I had been eating bad carbs every day (seriously), for almost every meal, my entire life. So it feels incredible to not have to crave it and go for it.

I hope everyone here experienced some benefits and learned new life skills.

-Christian

Wow Christian, you are an inspiration!   16lbs thats AMAZING!  Woohoo!  

I contacted my buddy Jay who used to weigh 375lb and is now 235lb - a year later.  He ate Paleo and joined Crossfit - private at first as he could hardly move before and after about 4 months he joined the regular classes.  He is a constant inspiration to all of us - and a lovely guy as well!  He sent me some before/after pic's to share with you, but I can't seem to upload them.  If you want, I'll email them to you.  [email protected] is my email.  

I agree with you that it's great to stay on this way of eating - but still enjoy our "treats" once in a while too.  You've eradicated the addiction which is probably a large percentage of the battle right?  Keep going!  Impressive!

Kim

Archived