Starting 09/27/2014

Matthias

Man cannot live on Fruit Loops, Cinnamon Life, frozen burritos, and exercise alone.  Alas, I must do something different...

I am a married man with 4 children.  Also have some "mental issues" like anxiety/bipolar and hoping diet may help calm me down.  Family is not ready to join me on this journey...yet.  They may change their minds if all goes as it sound like it might.

Going shopping tonight at Costco and starting 09/27/2014.

I totally need to do this too. I have been eating soooo unhealthy and feel stressed, unhealthy, blah, lazy and not my former sparkly self. Married mom of 2 + an exchange student. Have some stressful things coming up in my life and I want to do this to be as strong as possible- mentally and physically. I promise to not whine the whole time lol but right now I feel like a depleted, brain fog person. I want to feel awesome!

Ps what great foods did u get at costco?

I'm re-starting today as well!  I had started on Sept 8 and was doing pretty well, until I went away this week on a staff retreat.  Free booze + no sleep and total exhaustion led to flopping on my face with my whole 30.

Re-starting today though and this time I popped for the daily emails.  I had a couple of friends doing it with me before but they both fizzled out.  I was starting to feel SO good though before my flop, especially in the gym.  

Oh and to comment on the PS above, I'm not a costco shopper myself but I know from my friends who are that you can get good deals on coconut oil and kerrygold (to make ghee). 

Got some organic eggs; organic chicken; almonds, olive oil; carrotts and some spinach and some mixture of greens, and some tuna too.  Going to try to shop once a week.  Incredibly hungry second day, dont know if I am eating enough.  I am 6'2 205 and maybe I should get some potatoes or something with more caloric kick...

I started on Sunday so we can go along together! :)

I'd say if you're hungry than ya, eat more.  Esp as we're cutting out calorie-dense things.  It might be too early to "let your hunger be your guide" as it's meant to be naturally, but in the beginning I think it's better to eat more and not have to deal with the mental aspect of cravings on top of a hungry tummy.

Archived