Hi All,

Today would technically be my last day on the Whole 30.  I decided last week that I would extend this into 60 days to truly reap the benefits.  I'm glad because today I woke up feeling pretty tired and lousy.  Are there any others out there who decided to do the same?  Why did you decide and what have you noticed most?  

My digestion is still working itself out and I realize my behavior with food (emotional eating; sugar dragon) needs more than a 30 day reset.  My first Whole 30 was a while back but I did complete a 21DSD last year.  Both times I learned a lot but I didn't feel like it stuck with me completely.  I wanted this time to be different.  I eat paleo for the most part but I find that I'm giving myself 'breaks' more and more.  One bad day of eating usually turns into a week especially if I want to get lazy about cooking.

This week I did my grocery shopping in under an hour which is a triumph for me.  And I am making my meals easier so they don't require tons of prep.  One thing I have found is frozen bags of veggies are my friend!!  I think simplification is my key to making this my new lifestyle.  Would like to hear what others find true for them.  

Hi Kate

I too am doing a whole60. I found I didn't feel as good as I wanted to at the end of my W30 last week. I might even do a W90 if needed. I have quite a few lbs to loose and really crave carbs and sugars. I'm still having the sugar craves right now. The carbs are slowly going away. Still don't have the Tiger Blood that everyone talks about although I do have more energy during the day but by 8pm I'm falling asleep. I lost 7lbs in the last 30 days and hope to double that this time around. I'm on another thread with a guy that is doing another 30 days also. He lost 20lbs on his first 30 days. Your welcome to come and join us on our next W30 adventure. Our thread is called "Whole 30 Starting 24/9/14". Hope to see you there.

We can do this

Dawn

Hi Dawn!  I will head over to that thread now.  Happy to have found others just like me!  I wasn't feeling all the benefits either but I realize 30 days wasn't enough time to sort out my issues (mental and physical, lol).  I couldn't agree more that if I stopped yesterday I would be in sugar/carb heaven today...I don't trust myself...not yet!  Yesterday, I wasn't feeling myself at all.  Almost like I was coming down with something because I was beyond exhausted.  Today I feel better so I weighed myself and noticed I lost about 5lbs.  I was debating whether I should weigh in at all because I didn't want to get discouraged.  Of course, since I lost weight it was a big motivator and I was happy to start day 31.  We CAN do this!  

Archived