Day 3 - Fruit Advice Plese

weeyin13

Hi everyone, I am on day 3 of my whole30.  So far, so good I think.  My question is about fruit.  I read that you should have some fruit with each of the 3 meals - firstly, is this correct.  I have been having about a handful of mixed berries with meal 1 and meal 2 is at work so I have a couple of figs and satsumas then meal 3 at home a banana and apple after or again some berries.  Is this too much fruit, too little, I'm not sure.  Any advice greatly received.

Guest WholeStanley

You don't need to have fruit with each of your 3 meals, for my first whole30 I didn't have any fruit and that was really successful for, particularly helping me kick my sugar dragon and 'something sweet with every meal' habit.

The whole 30 however does not ban fruit, but does suggest you should limit it to 1-2 portions a day and it should never push the veggies off your plate - meaning if you follow the meal template, i.e 1-2 palms of protein, 2-3 cups of veggies and a portion of healthy fat, and you have room for some fruit or want to use fruit to spruce up your dish (ie, pork and apple, or pomegranate seeds on your salad) - great add it to you plate! but fruit should never be eaten as a replacement for veggies

Hope thats helpful

Thanks WholeStanley.  I love my veggies so there's no worry there.  I'm not really an overly sweet toothed person so I think I will only have fruit in my meal at work to keep me going through the afternoons thus avoiding any temptation to snack unhealthily - luckily I've not felt that yet.

Thanks again.

• Moderators

There are two important things to read about the Whole30. The official rules and the meal planning template. The meal planning template tells you how to handle fruit. WholeStanley shared valuable insider information that will help you make good choices. 

Archived