Rachel's Whole30 Log- 10/6 Start

SnaggleMom

Today is the day! Food prep completed last night. Countdown post-it note on my work desk. I'm excited to see what health benefits lie before me!

Day 1

Bfast- Veggie Frittata, Fruit, and Black Coffee

Lunch- Turkey, Avocado, and Pickle Roll-ups

Raw Bell Peppers and Carrots

Grass Fed-Nitrate Free Meat Stick

Dinner- Herb Pork Tenderloin, Sweet Potato and Spinach Sautee

Felt great all day, even went to the gym during lunch hour and ran 2.5 miles. Dinner was delicious and possibly one of the best meals I've ever cooked. My DH was very happy since he was pretty nervous about the "lack" of food options in the plan. He's just silly.

Only downside I got a RAGING headache around 9pm. I considered making myself some tea, but then just forced myself to just go to sleep instead.

Day 2! Woke up feeling great this morning, drank a large glass of lemon water...now a couple hours into work that headache from last night is creeping up again. Besides riding it out, does anyone have tips for dealing with these hangover headaches?

Breakfast- Veggie Frittata, Fruit, and Black Coffee

Lunch- Grassfed Bison Chili and Raw Bell Peppers with homemade Mustard dipping sauce

Got some bad family news and came home sooo hungry...ended up eating a grassfed beef stick and a big handful of almonds!

Dinner- Roasted Chicken and Asparagus

Day 3! Feeling awesome today...No headaches even considering the severe amount of stress I am under! My DH is loving the plan so far, he's already seen a big difference in his health from a digestive standpoint! :)

Breakfast- Veggie Frittata, Fruit, and Black Coffee

Lunch- Leftover Pork Tenderloin on an Arugula Salad with Avocado, Mushrooms, Bell Peppers, and Pickles with Homemade Mustard Dressing

Dinner- Grassfed Beef, Compliant Marinara, on top of zoodles. I also made a side of steamed broccoli.

I saw another poster adding "ailments" that they hope to see improvement in, which I think it great to log too. Here are mine:

- Severe Skin Dryness

- Skin Irritation (seems like to everything lately)

- Right Knee Pain (Occasional but started out of the blue)

- Nasal/Throat Congestion (Seems to happen after eating grains)

I keep amazing myself with how little I'm missing cheese. I thought cheese was definitely going to be harder than grains...but something about vinegary foods seem to be saving me. I guess it's the salt??

Day 4! And there are doughnuts in the staff kitchen...stared at them for awhile and then remembered I don't really even like doughnuts and would've been way more tempted had they been bagels. :)

Breakfast- Veggie Frittata...ran out of my usual fruit yesterday so I'm kind of hungry....

Lunch- Grilled Chicken, Spinach Salad, Tomato, Cucumber with Lemon Juice

Dinner- Grassfed Beef Chili on top of a Sweet Potato

Slept horribly last night, bad stomach aches.

Cheese - I have these beautifully cut swiss cheese squares in my fridge just staring at me.  I cut them in one inch cubes and was eating one a day for calcium and things seemed fine, but now I'm Whole30ing.  Dang it!  I really liked them.  Cheese is special, but once I step away from it for a bit, it's not so bad to live without.  (I say with a look of resignation on my face!)

I'm now remembering that I loved anchovies during my first Whole30.  It was definitely the salt, but oh my - they were so good.  It now seems very weird.

Funny about the doughnuts in the staff kitchen.  

Archived