Starting my journey 10/20

jkxfit

You can do it.  Stay strong.  It's only 30 days.  I am starting my 2nd Whole30 today.  The way I defeated all those cravings during the first W30 was to remind myself how much better I was going to be for doing it...and that it was only a 30 day committment, not lifetime.  I proved to myself I could do it and I know you can too.

Hi jkxfit!  I started today, as well!  I know, I know - what, no sweet tea???  Argh.  But you know, I'm excited about finding out if my sweet tea/hot tea w/ sugar habit is bordering on addiction or if I'll be able to lose the serious craving.  Is it just a wonderful experience that happens to be something I love, or do I turn into an ogre if I can't have it?  Will be nice to know, you know?  We are doing this as a family not only because I was thinking about doing it just for my health, but then my 11YO DS contracted Lyme's disease.  We think we've caught it early enough and are already beating it, but this Whole30 will help dump any toxic load he has and give him the optimal opportunity for a strong immune system to fight the infection.  I figure, him fighting Lyme's for the rest of his life would be hard.  One month of good food and passing on the treats, in comparison, is not hard.  You can do it!  If for no other reason, just to prove to yourself that you can!  I've picked Ocean Spray sparkling cranberry drink as my "sweet treat" and when I'm really craving, I go for one of those.  But honestly, I'm going to try to just walk out the cravings so they will not be satisfied and will eventually stop coming.  I can't slip on those at home, anyway, because I locked away or got rid of all non-compliant foods.  Otherwise . . . yeah, definitely seeing a slip up on occasion.  Let us know how you are doing!

Archived