Whole 30 again....

wildatheart

This time with my husband! I'm so thankful he's coming along with me. 

We are parents of seven children and need to make some changes. I want to lose about 25 more pounds (lost quite a bit on intermittent fasting but then started to gain again) and get rid of my eczema, and my husband needs to feel good for maybe the first time in his life. He has allergies, gets headaches (some migraines) often, has back problems, and just always seems to hurt somewhere. 

I've tried this on my own twice, never getting past day 10. This time, with my husband by my side, I hope to complete the Whole 30!

God bless! 

I started my 2nd W30 yesterday.  My first was a great success but I fell off the wagon soon after I completed the reintroduction phases.  I have a lot of weight to lose and want to be down 10 lbs by the holidays.  The best way I know to do that is do another W30.  If your husband is also on the program, it should be easier for you to stay true.  You must hold each other accountable.  I felt great through most of my first W30.  I was starting to feel sluggish and know it was from my food choices.  This really isn't that hard.  After the first week it was really quite easy.  I thought I would really want pizza when I was done but I waited another 2 weeks before having it.  It was good but not worth how I felt after eating it.  Good luck to you and your husband.

Thank you, Heather! And best of luck to you! 

So far, so good here. :)I have felt great, but I generally eat clean (just wayyyyy too much sugar--organic and homemade, but still sugar). My husband, however, was on death's door yesterday. Couldn't even go to work. This morning he woke up a new man. I am so glad for him!

Wildatheart - I had the best experience possible on my first W30.  It seems to be carrying over to my 2nd as even yesterday (day 2) I felt like I had more energy.  This time around definitely seems easier.  I really like eating this way.  Being on the program gives me an edge, a reason to say no to bad sugary things.  I found myself eating a lot of carbs and sneaking in fried foods the week before I started again.  Now I know it's off limits and can turn my head.  I must admit I feel luck to never have had those typical reactions like moodiness, sluggishness, or stronog food cravings.   When I was off the program and after I completed the reintroduction phases I definitely had food cravings but not during W30.

Best wishes for you and your husband on the program.  We're 10% done today.  Personally I would push for a W45 or more but I will be finishing up right before Thanksgiving so that's not going to happen.

Ha! That is why we started Monday. We do not want to be running into Thanksgiving and having food issues. 

I am glad for you that you have never suffered any of the typical side effects! That is quite a blessing. When I was a chain soda-drinker for fourteen years I had SO many side effects from that. I went cold turkey when I quit them and never had anything close to the side effects I had when I was drinking the stuff! Same with me for too many carbs and sugar (I actually really believe in raw dairy, but am doing a Whole 30 as an elimination diet). I am a MONSTER on sugar and that time of the month. So its time. 

10% done! What a good way to look at it. :) I'll have to remember that when things get hard.

I am just starting my 2nd W30 as of Monday as well! I tried to do one in July, but only got 15 days in and fell off the wagon.

I have been 90% gluten-free since then, as when I re-introduced it flared a bunch of MS symptoms for me so staying off of it is good for my body.  I am surprised though, how much I am struggling.  I have had killer headaches for the past 2 days and I am just feeling tired.  I didn't think it would be this bad with not having to give up gluten this go around.  I'm a bit of a sugar junkie though, I like me some tea with cream and sugar, so that's tough to give up.

I like the 10% thing, definitely helps! :)

KBoom, It really is a blessing to know what makes you react. As much as it stinks not being able to eat like a "normal" person, it's so much better to have your body not flipping out. lol. I am either allergic or have a major sensitivity to chicken. I went for almost 20 years (starting as a young teen!) throwing up after some meals, not knowing why. Once I figured it out, I haven't had that symptom ever again. 

Best to you on your Whole 30!

Archived