Day 16 - Hardest Point for Me

sspayne

Hi all! I'm on day 16 of my second Whole30... Well, let's be honest - my first Whole30 was really a Whole22. And I'm worried I'm headed in the same direction. I'm losing steam. I do feel really good: sleeping well, a healthy and reasonable appetite, decreased cravings for sugar, body's looks and feels good. But I'm a little tired of planning meals and I just want a glass of wine. I'm also still struggling with social situations, which feel a little less fun and harder to navigate. I want to finish this Whole30 strong. And I want to make long-lasting changes in my life, and I know doing the full 30 is key for that.

I'm just looking for a little encouragement or perspective, maybe some advice on how to stay motivated. 

Keep going! You're over the half-way mark: don't turn back now! Wine will still be around when you're done.

Keep focused on all the positives you're getting from this journey. Have a plan for how you will handle social situations. Make meals that give you leftovers (e.g., meatloaves, casseroles, soups, chilis, meatballs, slow-cooker meals, or making a double-batch of your favorite meal) so you're not cooking all.the.time. Make completing this 30 days your next milestone in making those long-lasting changes in your life.

Read the Success Stories forum for inspiration.

You can do this!

Hi sspayne--

Focus on why you began your Whole 30. What do you want your life to look like after your W30? Which foods do you plan to reintroduce? Where does meal planning fit within that context? How can you make meal planning a permanent part of your post-W30 lifestyle? 

Health is intentional. Meal planning supports health. Self care is not selfish.

You can do this!

Archived