Italian Meat Sauce for Breakfast = crash/sluggishness?

So, the past two mornings I've been eating my leftover Italian Meat Sauce for breakfast with spaghetti squash (ran out of eggs and too lazy to go buy more, plus this stuff needed to be eaten). I'm wondering if it's too much sugar in the morning, because immediately after I'm crashing hard, mentally and physically.

Now granted, today is Friday. It's been a long week. I tore a knee ligament on Sunday, caved into junk food Monday-Wednesday and got back on the W30 bandwagon Thursday. So, mentally, emotionally and physically, it's been a bit rough.

SO - I'm wondering if it's all those things or if it really is just too much natural sugar in the morning? I'm normally heavy on the proteins and fat in the morning (eggs, avocado, veggie scramble).

Tiffany

Are you getting enough fat in this meal?  Is the fat in this meal adequate per the meal planning template? http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

If not, that may be your problem.  If you're going to eat this again for a meal, try adding a serving of olives in with your sauce, or have a salad on the side with oil/vinegar dressing, or eat half to a whole  avocado, something.

I'm pretty sure I'm not, compared to how much protein/fat I normally eat in the morning, which is probably more of the problem than the "sugar" issue. This honestly was a meal of Food I Need To Eat And Get Out Of Fridge and Too Lazy/Busy To Buy Eggs.

I won't be having this for breakfast again, but tossing in olives is a great idea too. 

If you junk-fooded out for three days, any return to W30 eating could do this to you.  It probably has nothing to do with it being spaghetti squash and meat sauce.

For years our bodies used the sugars in sweets and refined carbs as primary fuel.  When you eat W30 it has to make the switch to working harder to get the same energy from more complex foods.  Three days of letting it switch back to the old way of fueling lets it get lazy.  In a day or two you will return to being fat-adapted, but you also may be low in fat as mentioned by Derek.

Archived