Are these supplements okay?

DreamingRealist

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, and if it isn't, I'm sorry!

My supplements contain: Cellulose (Plant Origin). Contains Less than 2% of: Cellulose Coating, Croscarmellose, Crospovidone, Dicalcium Phosphate, FD&C Blue 2 Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Lake, FD&C Yellow 6 Lake, Gelatin (Bovine, Porcine), Silica, Starch, Titanium Dioxide Color, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate.

I'm new to this and I'm not sure if they're okay. They say gluten, yeast, wheat, milk and lactose free, but not soy free...

• Moderators

You have reported only the ingredients of the binder/casing. Though I don't like these ingredients, they are acceptable during a Whole30.

You have not reported the active ingredients. Some supplements have two lists. When you note that the advert does not emphasize soy free, that makes me wonder if the supplement includes soy. Fermented soy is a good source of vitamin k for example, so soy might be part of the ingredients. So I can't give you an all clear on your supplement without knowing what is in the other ingredient list.

What of those ingredients do you find bad? Also, by other ingredients do you mean the nutrients?

Folic Acid, Manganese (as Manganese Sulfate), Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid), Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate), Niacin (as Niacinamide), Pantothenic Acid (as D-Calcium Pantothenate), Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide), Iron (as Ferrous Fumarate), Zinc (as Zinc Oxide), Selenium (as Sodium Selenate), Vitamin K (as Phytonadione), Biotin (as D-Biotin), Chromium (as Chromium Chloride), Vitamin E (as Dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate), Copper (as Cupric Sulfate), Vitamin D (as D3 Cholecalciferol), Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin), Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2), Thiamin (Vitamin B-1) (as Thiamin Mononitrate), Vitamin A (as Vitamin A Acetate and 20% as Beta Carotene)

It also makes a statement saying it contains fish, maybe because of allergies? If it contains soy shouldn't it say it there? Thanks!

Archived