Hay fever and Whole30

MBC

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone still suffered from hay fever while on the whole30 in spring?

I noticed at the start of September I was not smelling the pollen as I always did. And I was on Whole30 at this stage. Then I finished whole30 and ate some Paleo treats with coconut sugar and the odd dark chocolate and my hay fever flared up. I also heard from someone else that sugar aggravated her hay fever.

My allergy symptoms are non existent when eating strict W30.  I have had fall/ragweed allergies since a kid and as an adult started developing ear infections secondary to my allergies. I finally determined that it is primarily dairy for me.  I hadn't had a sinus/ear infection for a few years after switching my diet to Primal/Paleo, but late last summer I was being ornery and thought I should be able to eat everything and started drinking more milk - boom! Terrible sinus/ear infection that laid me up for a couple days.  This fall only mild symptoms (runny eyes, occ sneeze), but I still had some sugar and wheat in my diet, which I also think affects me. Eventually, I will learn to leave these offending foods completely out of my diet! :rolleyes:

I have come across plenty of testimonials for the elimination of allergy symptoms after switching to Paleo/Primal/W30.

Archived