Paleo Eggs Benedict (minus the muffin)

Buttoni

I made an easy, and amazingly good breakfast to kick off the first week of my Whole30. The spice blend in this homemade mayo is so versatile I use it on a multitude of thigns: chicken, fish, roasted veggies, the sky's the limit. But with eggs, well this is a NEW arena for my Shawarma mayo. Hope some of you might enjoy this really simple and nutritious dish. Picture can be seen here: http://buttoni.wordp...1/#comment-3629

PALEO EGGS BENEDICT

I've found yet another convenient and tasty use for my Shawarma Mayo/Salad Dressing. The versatility of this mayo/dressing just continues to astound me! Despite the fact that all attempts to incorporate cauliflower into omelets and quiches have heretofore proven to be pretty awful in my opinion, THIS experiment was absolutely delicious!! I had a large amount of steamed, buttered cauliflower leftover from dinner last night and wanted to try this homemade dressing on it, but adding some egg today as well, something similar to my Eggs with Tarragon Sauce recipe we adore. Well, it came out JUST as good as THAT recipe! I think I'll even have this sauce atop cauliflower as a vegetable side dish, without the egg sometime as well!! Nice flavor combination! This extremely nutritious breakfast or lunch is suitable for Atkins Induction and my Primal/Paleo readers as well.

INGREDIENTS:

1 large egg, beaten

½ T. unsalted butter

½ c. cooked, seasoned cauliflower

2 T. (more if you feel decadent) my Shawarma Salad Dressing: http://buttoni.wordp...salad-dressing/

Sprinkle of cayenne for garnish (optional)

DIRECTIONS: Scramble your egg in the melted butter as usual. Place the cooked, heated cauliflower onto your serving plate. Dip the scrambled egg onto the cauliflower. Last but not least, dip the Shawarma Salad Dressing over the top and serve. Sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne for garnish and spunk if you're so inclined. ENJOY!

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 1 serving which contains:

332 calories

31.3 g fat

4.3 g carbs, 2.2 g fiber, 2.1 g NET CARBS

10.4 g protein

374 mg sodium

213 mg potassium

23% RDA Vitamin A, 25% B6, 90% B12, 47% C, 14% D, 32% E, 23% copper, 41% iron, 10% magnesium, 10% manganese, 50% phosphorous, 76% riboflavin, 97% selenium, 13% thiamin and 26% zinc

Archived