Many months of stalking this forum later...and I'm ready to start

shellyr8

I've read the book, I've read countless success stories, I've quit the "Paleo lifestyle" after mere days of starting it, and now I know that I am ready to commit. I have about a year vested in contemplating the Paleo program. My interest in it has stemmed from my diagnosis of Crohns disease 7 years ago, my chronic acne, and my recent diagnosis of candida. I'm certain these are all related and I'M FED UP! I'm a really active person. I love to go out and adventure with my 6 year old. I just want not only to be able to look at myself in the mirror without cringing, but to also have the energy that my daughter yearns for me to have to play with her. 

I think the reason why I have failed the shift to a paleo lifestyle in the past is that I'm not holding myself accountable and I'm also not involving anyone else in on my journey, hence the reason I'm posting here now. I've enjoyed all of your success stories so much, hopefully there will be one more to add to the collection. Day 1 starts now!

• Moderators

Welcome and congrats for taking the plunge! Do your best to enjoy the process as much as possible and BE PATIENT. Look for and celebrate the little subtle changes day by day (especially after two weeks or so) rather than focusing on huge miraculous shifts. They will come, but for a beautifully complex body like yours, it may take time.

I've been doing W30s and tweaking things for myself since April 2013, and the journey continues. . . . if someone had been able to adjust my expectations while allowing me to remain excited and hopeful from the start, it would have saved me a lot of unnecessary disappointment.

I think the fact that you've been studying and preparing for so long suggests you're ready and committed. Wonderful things are in store for you, and they may not look exactly like you expect they will. I'm excited for your process of discovery. I hope you share with us here.

Archived