Are these Nutty Blueberry Protein Balls Whole30 Approved?

hobbit0506

I'm starting the Whole30 on 01/01/15 and I've enjoyed these "primal blueprint" Nutty Blueberry Protein Balls over the last few months, but I'm not sure if they are Whole30 Approved.  So before I mess up on day #1 - I thought I'd ask:

dates, walnuts, macadamia nuts, coconut oil, blueberries, unsweetened shredded coconut

Mixed together and refrigerate.

OK?  Or not?

These fall pretty close to a fruit and fat treat on a Whole30 (nuts are fat sources on a Whole30), with the potential of being mini sugar bombs, given the dates. It's akin to a Lara Bar - which are emergency use only on a Whole30. 

If you have a need for a snack on a Whole30 (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), the recommended best practice is to have a mini-meal of protein, vegetables and fat.  

Yea - I thought they might be border line too "sweet".  I will try not to make these - it's only 30 days.  I have these Grass Run Farms "Smoked Beef Snack Sticks" that I think are Whole30 approved I can "snack" on if needed.  I'm generally OK if I stay busy right after work making dinner - then I don't "need" a snack.

Archived