Jan.W30.01

WholeDave

Day 22

Off and running for an early start this morning. Pan fry of 1/4 spanish onion, 1 x tomato, 1 x piperke (grilled pepper, peeled and steeped in olive oil), 2 x eggs, handful of parsley. Helloooo!! Delicious. Lunch will be leftover chicken stir fry from last night - plenty of garlic, fresh chilli, and ginger.

Still losing weight and definitely losing body mass around the waist, back and chest. Still need more exercise and sleep but other circumstances are conspiring against that. Not letting it worry me. Stress levels under control.

Only a week and a bit to go and I reckon it will fly because I'm just not worrying about food - couple of cravings last night sorted with some fresh pineapple but in the main W30 is actually easy to follow and execute. A bit of prep around having fresh food in the fridge and thinking ahead for protein sources and that's about it.

Legend!

Day 23 - Celebration Day - one week to go. Went to the football last night and I was comfortable! Yes, I am shouting - I didn't feel confined and cramped in my seat, nor squashed because of my belly and chest fat. An awesome feeling.

Increased food yesterday - effectively two lunches because of circumstances and then afternoon tea (small tin sardines, fresh tomato, chilli & olive oil) before I went out. Topped off with a sensational dinner of fresh cauliflower and cabbage salad (sounds gross but was insanely good), piperki, fresh chilli and a couple of small pieces of beef.

Day 24 - swimming has increased over the past few days which has been positive. T-shirts that weren't fitting at the start of W30 are now comfortable. A lot of my cravings are now for fresh, tasty food - lunch today while I'm typing this post is a salad of leftover beef and piperki, a fresh bell chilli (bang!!), tomato, baby coz lettuce, olives, garlic from the leftovers and semi sun-dried tomatoes. Feels like rocket fuel!!

Seriously haven't felt this good for a long time.

Day 25 - Australia Day. Nearly didn't make it with the post...

2nd bike ride in 2 days - I was very pleased to eat tonight! Hoed into cabbage leaves as a snack this afternoon. Tonight was steak, roast sweet potatoes, bbqed zucchini and asparagus, and roast peppers. Sensational!

Day 27 - I wore a suit coat yesterday that could not do up before W30. Couldn't believe that not only could I do up the top button, but there was some room left.

I'll be fascinated to see what my measurements are on Day 31 - definitely taken a good chunk off my waist and torso generally but I'm not trying not to get my hopes up too high.

Laps of the pool this morning. Nearly time for another solid bike ride.

Day 28 - Celebration Day! Four weeks! I'm focusing on post-W30 stability to prevent yo-yoing. Given how I'm feeling, there is no way I want to get back to where I was.

I can honestly say I haven't had one "slip-up" in four weeks. A few questionable ingredients perhaps when dining out, however I haven't overtly had any grain, sugar, dairy or legumes. Coffee has been my go-to drink together with water and black tea. I'm loving the taste of black coffee - not your filtered floor-sweepings variety, but fresh brewed cafe or home machine. Exercise wise, I've been pretty inconsistent but the main point is that I keep having bursts of great workouts which suit my body. Nothing too aggressive on the joints but enough to feel the burn. I'm still planning on starting meditation next Friday although I remain unconvinced about yoga.

Emotionally and psychologically, I'm feeling top of my game. Centred, focused, strong. Loving the non-physical elements of the W30 outcome.

Day 29 - The Penultimate Day. Cracking feed last night with baked pork, a tangy potato salad, piperki and olives. Tasty fry up this morning, leftovers for lunch. All rocket fuel. Swam laps last night, kept the stress under control. Can't believe it's day 30 tomorrow! It's been an amazing journey which I think will have positive flow on effects for months if not years.

Day 30 - Celebration Day! Life changing? I hope so - definitely don't want to jump back into how I was.

Today is hunter/gatherer day - head to the markets, head out for a bike ride, cook some delicious clean food and celebrate significant positive change. Tomorrow I'll measure and weigh. The best thing is that the numbers don't really matter. The major change is within myself.

Day 32 - Yesterday was potato chips, banana bread, KFC - a total explosion of everything non-W30. The only upside was no alchohol.

But this morning, apart from feeling fairly crap from the overload of rubbish, and somewhat guilty from my lack of self-control, I am back on the white horse. I'm not going to beat myself up or get obsessive with overcoming the day, just pat myself on the back and get on with it.

I weighed myself yesterday - 105.7 kgs down from 110.2kgs (down 10 lbs). Good but a long way to go.

Archived