Starting Wednesday-Jan 7th

Lynne LCB

I'm starting on Wednesday, January 7th. In 2014, I committed to not eating any processed, refined, or packaged foods. It served me well and I lost 40 pounds over the year. For the last 3 months of 2014 I took way too many liberties in choosing treats and unhealthy items. I feel it....and am ready to re-set myself up for success. After researching the Whole30, I choose to do this to help meet my goal. I appreciate being able to come here and read everyone else's struggles and successes. It helps a lot.

I am also beginning January 7th.  Super excited.  This is my first challenge of this type and I know I will be successful.  I have been dabbling with PALEO eating for a bit now but never 100%.   It's nice to have folks to chat with about the process. 

Hi there,

Jan 7 was my start day too, and for my first Whole30.  So far I've found the program to be pretty easy to follow, but I am a stickler for rules.  I never realized how much 'stuff' that's in our food until I really started reading labels, and ALL the hidden sugar!!  No wonder we feel so bad and have tons of health issues.  I'm hoping for reduced systemic inflammation and reduced cholesterol.  I was always pretty sure my eating habits were better than worse, but this program has taught me a lot already.  I'm looking forward to seeing it through and of course the results...  I had a great day yesterday and was full of energy, but I'm afraid it won't last.  Hope we can continue to connect since we're on the say day.

Half way through. So far I haven't had many issues. Now I am determined to see this through. Next week will be the true test. I'm having a birthday and my mom is taking me to lunch. She suggested an Asian restaurant but I knew that would be a disaster, so I just told her what would be best for me and she was okay with it. It will be my first test eating out. I just don't want to mess up on day 23. Oh the agony!

Archived