Are my meals looking okay so far? Day 1 - 4 HELP! :(

Bonneviv

this is my first Whole30 and i'm struggling a little bit. I am not sure if i'm eating enough, too much or not the right balance of food.

First off i'm thirsty all the time, which is normal from what i've read. I've also had an upset stomach since day 3 as has my husband. I can only assume its the new diet.

I just want a little guidance so I can make sure i'm on the right path. The past 2 days I've only had 2 proper meals but end up having a late night snack at about 10-11pm. I don't sleep until 3am. I was ravenous on day 3, it was like a hunger that would;t go but I didn't want to snack and ended up having a late night meal of baked potoa and tuna which is not ideal to be eating so late.

I just feel fine after i've eaten my evening meal but hungry within an hour. I am drinking 2+ litres of water a day and 1-2 cups of black coffee.

Day 1

Breakfast: Egg Foo Young (nom nom paleo recipe) made with 3 eggs and 250g spinach. Home made tomato sauce

Lunch: Chicken Confit (1 lrg leg - cooked in goose fat) with a large tomato, olive, cucumber, pepper and sundered tomato salad

Snack: handful of nuts/seeds

Dinner: Homemade Beef and Bacon Burger 250g (nom nom paleo) with pineapple salsa, Portobello mushroom, 1/2 avocado.

Day 2

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 70g of tuna in olive oil, celery, carrot, and avocado salad.

Lunch: Wasn't hungry at lunchtime. Got up quite late.

Dinner: Saute potatoes, steamed broccoli and 1 large veal escalope with lemon, garlic and caper butter.

Late night: 2 hard boiled eggs with a green salad and salsa.

Day 3:

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with 2 chipolata sausages, broccoli, spinach and peas tooled in olive oil with 1/2 avocado.

Lunch: Skipped

Dinner: Sweet potato oven fries, boiled spring greens with ghee and veal meatballs. Only 6 meatballs, cocktail size.

Late night: Small baked potato with tuna and ghee.

Day 4:

Breakfast: 2 card boiled eggs, 4 chipolata sausages, 1.5 cups of curry roasted cauliflower, one baked potato cooked in olive oil.

Thats where i'm up to. I don;t know if it is looking like i'm on track and any ideas or criticisms are welcomed. 

• Moderators

Two liters of water is fine if you weigh 134 pounds based upon our 1/2 ounce of water per pound of body weight per day. If you are exercising and sweating, you would need more. Coffee functions as a diuretic, so can make you more thirsty. You should not feel thirsty routinely and it is fine to drink 1 ounce of water per pound of body weight although I personally have never been comfortable at that level.

The composition of your meals looks fine, but you should not be getting hungry for 3-4 hours after a meal. Typically, the adjustment to make is to increase protein and fat to stay satisfied longer. 

It is not easy to be sure, but I think you need to eat more veggies. You might want to add more fat to your veggies either while cooking or as a serving with the veggies to not only increase your veggies, but to keep yourself satisfied longer. 

Not getting enough sleep throws your hormones off and can increase your feelings of hunger at certain times. You may need to work on getting more sleep in order to get your hunger cues to become more regular. 

Archived