Not Hungry - Do I still eat?

sabillin1

I am only on Day 2, but I was not hungry after Meal 1 (7:45am) and just made myself eat half of my Meal 2 at 1:30. 

Should I make myself eat if I am not hungry?  

I increased my protein in Meal 1 today (I had steak for breakfast and it was divine!).  On Day 1 I was ready to take a nap at 10 am, and ate lunch at 11:30.  I work long office hours 10-12, so I will not be able to eat Meal 3 until 8/8:30ish. This is why I made myself eat now.  

Any thoughts?

• Administrators

Given how close you are to the beginning of your program and REprogramming your body to three meals a day, you absolutely should eat even if you aren't hungry. Your body and hormones are all working on rebalancing right now and you need to give them the guidance on what to rebalance TO.  Eventually you'll get proper hunger signals at 4-5 hour intervals and that's perfect. 

You may be hungrier than you thought you were once you get eating also.

Stick to the template and your body will come around.

It was also hard for me to feel hungry during the first three days, especially as someone who hadn't made breakfast a habit in a long time. Eventually hunger will become a normal sensation around mealtimes. In the meantime, try cooking things that you'd want to eat or that are easier to eat, and keep up the pattern of eating three solid meals until it becomes a natural habit.

Archived