Excited and terrified by my Day One

Lady Cordelia

Hello everyone

Just getting my feet wet with all things Paleo.  I'm kind of astonished how little I knew about the whole topic until about a week ago…. seriously, I had no idea so many people were doing this.  

I'm here because I am simply exhausted at battling my weight - I've been on and off every diet you can imagine for the last 20 years and I just can't do it anymore.  Either I simply give up and be fat, sad and unhealthy or I radically change the way I view my body and my health… so here I am.  I'm scared that the strength and commitment I feel at this starting moment will vanish like it always does as soon as things start getting hard or stressful.  I can't help but think though that the energy I expend on hating my body and myself could be repurposed in a way that will actually benefit me.  And that's why I'm here.

I'm writing this post to myself as much to any of the mysterious folks on this board - I want to remember how I feel at this starting point over the coming month.  I've written a meal plan for my week ahead, made a shopping list, had a wonderful breakfast and now feel ready to begin this journey.  This time I won't just hope it works - I'm going to MAKE it work.

Thanks for reading - I'm looking forward to being a member of this community.

Don't look at the long-term picture -- take it one day at a time. For some of us, that's how it starts.  Will it get difficult? Maybe, possibly, probably -- but the only way you give up is by not starting.

You'll do good!

Good luck! My suggestion would be to log your Whole30 in the "Your Whole30 Log" section. Knowing you're accountable to an audience (and having a cheering section!) may help you stay the course when your willpower wavers.

Archived