ruh roh, we left our bubble.

kmdchuckles

Sometimes best laid plans go awry. We left our bubble yesterday and went bowling with 2 other families, which took way longer than expected. We ran into the dinner hour and ended up at a pizza place. So 2 of my 3 kids and my husband had pizza And ice cream. My other kiddo and I had chicken salad, but I told him okay to sorbet. We have a family trip in 3 weeks, so starting them over is not a choice right now. I hate that I caved but it was a special circumstance and I choose friendship over the diet for my daughter's sake (one of the families lives out of town). My dilemma is whether to continue to the end of our original 30 (we're on day 22) or start reintroductions now.

I'm really really sorry to tell you this but day 22 is too early for reintroductions. You need a minimum of 30 days clean of gut irritants before you are ready to test (trust me, if all it took was 22 days it would be a whole22). Do you know if the chicken salad was compliant? If so, maybe you can do reintroductions for yourself starting 8 days from now?

All is not lost: Three weeks of whole30 eating is valuable in and of itself, but the "elimination diet" aspect of the program just didn't work out this time. Your kids and your husband may want to do a full (uninterrupted) whole30 at some point in the future to test for sensitivities.

Archived