Wine reintroduction and heartburn (type 1 diabetic)

karo1500

Does anyone have bad experiences with reintroducing wine after whole30? I experienced terrible burning sensation in oesophagus and then the heartburn. It felt literally like the acid was going down through the entire length of the oesophagus- not pleasant at all... Also everything else what I ate afterwards caused horrible heartburn as well (even if it was whole30 compliant).

I did not feel particularly very good in terms of digestive issues during the whole30 - there was about a week in total that I felt ok. For the rest of the time I was very often bloated, but never experienced the heartburn. I figured that I will have to do whole30 again but this time with FODMAP restrictions. I am also type 1 diabetic and following very low carb diet (close to dr. Bernstein's approach) so this leaves me with not too many products to eat. Would anyone have any thoughts on that?

Just to add that I follow paleo diet (very low carb) since about 3 years already so basically my only change in the whole30 programme was elimination of the diary, alcohol, plant oils (sunflower oil, rapeseed etc. ) and some additives like sweeteners and so on. Would such not really a drastic change in diet cause that strange reaction after the reintroduction?    

Archived