New to this world...

Andhanni

So my wife has spent the last month researching and gathering the items.  Now this week she will begin the Whole30 journey and I will join her once I get back from a business trip.  

So if you can guess I do travel for work and as such am not home all the time.  As of now I am scheduled to be home until the end of March so I will be able to really understand and get through the initial phase without much outside issues (at least 28 of the 30 days).  Having stated this and attempting to get to know the concepts better I would love some advice and input for someone that is not always home.

Additionally, as I looked over some of the initial receipts and food for the cleanse phase, I noticed the Bone Broth and was wondering a few items.

1. Can it be Kosher Salt or does it have to be Table?

2. What do people define as a bunch for the parsley?

Thanks,

Andhanni

• Moderators

I'm not sure what "cleanse phase" you're talking about. The Whole30 is 30 days long, and the rules are the same for all 30 days.

Any salt is fine on Whole30, and I'm sure any salt is fine in the recipe you're looking at. I personally prefer not to salt broth as it cooks, I salt it when I go to use it, whether that's to drink on its own or in other recipes -- easier to avoid over-salting that way.

I always assumed a bunch of parsley was the little bundle of parsley you buy at the store (or do not all stores bundle parsley?), although if I had a recipe that called for a bunch and that seemed like too much, I'd just use less.

Archived