Hello! Starting Tuesday 3/10, First time :}

AlliNightOwl

Hi everyone!

I have been eating clean on and off for a long time now, however what prompts me to commit to this is that I was injured almost a year ago and went from working full-time as a professional baker and musician, on my feet constantly, to being off of my feet and home so much more {with time to wander into the kitchen when not really hungry!}. Needless to say, I need to lose a little, up my energy {often very fatigued}, and I'd like to incorporate more anti-inflammatory foods as well. 

I eat pescatarian; mostly vegetarian with occasional fish {which I'll likely up for this 30 day progression}, and I have many food allergies {soy, gluten, some nuts/seeds} as well as joint issues {hence wanting to incorporate anti-inflammatory foods}. 

I can't do as much physically as many of you, but I am in physical therapy and might be able to start swimming at a gym soon. Excited to see how all of this could affect my injury/condition as well for the better.

I also work really well with boundaries, written instructions and sharing recipes {Pinterest? I'm allinightowl on there too if you want to follow!} and am looking forward to letting go of using the MyFitnessPal app and focus on eating whole foods, balanced and clean without counting calories. 

Any ideas or advice is greatly appreciated. I also have a background in nutrition/holistic health/preparing foods so I'm always open to new things! 

Thanks for reading. 

Take care!
Allison

Hi Allison,

I too will be starting on March 10th... I've tried starting a few times in the past 6 months but haven't made it past about day 5. I know there are tons of resources out there -- Pinterest, Instagram (http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/18103-whole30-instagram-accounts/)... what helps me is having a list of easy, go-to meals for when I'm tired or just feeling lazy. Then I don't reach for the not-so-good foods!

Have you read It Starts with Food?

I'm looking forward to the 10th!

Hollye

Hi Hollye!

Thanks for your reply. If you want to keep in touch and help motivate one another, I'm available to chat! I ordered It Starts With Food and it should arrive Monday, the day before starting the Whole30. I'll be sure to follow those Instagram accounts, because as a baker, I tend to follow a LOT of pastry chefs {some paleo, and gluten-free} but would love to be inspired by even more meal ideas {and scroll past all those delicious cupcake ideas ;) Thank you for your ideas! 

I plan to make a Week 1 shopping list, prep some meals/snacks, and hopefully make some additional fun things like sriracha :) I also ordered a spiralizer online to make lots of "noodles" from veggies and that also arrives Monday. I'm excited.

Take care and best of luck getting started!

Allison

Hi Allison,

I'd love to keep in touch!! I'm in California (west coast time zone)... how about you?

I have a spiralizer and love those "noodles"! Mmm... so good!

Looking forward to getting started!

xo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hollye & C_Leah_Turtle (welcome!)

I'm just catching up on some posts on the forum. Here we are at Day 9!

How are you both doing/feeling so far?  I am in Philadelphia by the way. C_Leah_Turtle where are you located?

I'm about to make Meal 3. I have some scallops I was going to sear with coconut oil, with green beans and mushrooms - not sure if I'll make another side as I already had roasted butternut squash in Meals 1 & 2 today! 

Oh, I bought a cauliflower yesterday to make "rice" so maybe I'll make that with some ghee. I also ordered some nori sheets online {found a great deal} so I've got that coming to make compliant sushi in a few days :}

Keep in touch! 

Allison

Archived