Out of town travel and staying with non compliant relatives!

vonbug

I'm 8 days in and need to fly to another state for family reasons for 4 days.  No one there even knows what the Whole 30 is and in an effort to stay on track I thought I'd ask for ideas.  I don't want to be "that" guest that can't eat what they are making so I know there is a Trader Joes nearby I can stop at (I will not have my own car).  We will be making day trips to see other relatives, so I was hoping that you might have some ideas for easy to prepare or partially prepared foods I could grab at TJ's.  Breakfast can be boiled eggs and one fruit, lunch could be veggies and cold pre-cooked meat or nut butter with celery, dinner could be salad and cooked chicken.  Any other ideas for stuff that is easy to pack along on the day trips and easy to prepare?  Thanks in advance.

If you can make your own mayo at your relatives, Trader Joe's has compliant canned salmon and chicken, so you could make salmon or chicken salad with the mayo and some celery.  Pick up some sweet potatoes when you're there, and you can microwave those.

Some TJs have compliant sausages: you really need to read labels to confirm, as many contain sugar or other sweeteners.

If you are able to cook a meal that would be ideal. You could not only share a delicious meal with your family but it allows you to have control of what you're eating. If you go to TJ's p/u some chicken, for this meal I use thighs, but you can use any source of protein. Get a bag of the colorful carrots, sweet potatoes and rosemary. Line a baking pan with EVOO slice your carrots and sweet potatoes, season to your liking. Place the chicken, and veggie/carrots on the baking pan and bake for ~45mins. I like to add brussel sprouts and onions too. This makes a lot and it's super easy. 

Archived