Finishing is both physically and mentally rewarding

eileenwithane

Partially copied and expanded upon from my personal log:

Almost a year later and I am on day 30 for my second attempt. I had to stop last April when I got metabolic acidosis from a stomach bug on day 17. Even though it wasn't caused by Whole30 I had a really rough time disassociating them from each other. Almost dying is a real mind trip.

I put on a ton of weight between last year. 45lbs. Today I weighed myself for the first time all month, I had put away the scale as instructed. 20lbs gone and I feel great. I will be sticking with the general rules for good.

I'm planning on sticking Paleo, but not freaking out over what oil my food is cooked in when I go out, or minor variances. But I'll be sticking to the overarching compliance for Whole 30. And allow myself off the road on occasion, as they suggest. I have no cravings, nothing I HAVE to have tomorrow that I haven't been allowed. Other than maybe a glass of wine. I'm going to do the reintroduction protocol, because I want to know how the foods affect me, but I'm not in a rush to do so.

I'm proud of myself. I stuck with this program both to the letter and spirit of the rules. I look foward to seeing this through until I'm at a healthy weight. My husband took part as well and I've seen a real change in him, both with weight and outlook on food.

The biggest win has been with our kids. They weren't completely on the program, they still eat sandwiches etc, but both my 5 and 1 year old are eating veggies in much greater quantities. My 5 year old requested a salad for lunch the other day. She didn't eat anything leafy until about a year ago. She gobbles up spinach, kale sprouts, asparagus, and so many others.

To say I'm thrilled is an understatement.

Archived