Eating too much?

lcs75

Hi GFChris, I have just read a post + link from you from 5 Feb re Whole30 eating disorder triggers - it made me cry. I am going on a break now, as I can find too many common issues in both articles :( all I ever wanted was a healthy relationship with food :(

I'm sorry reading the articles got you upset. If you feel the best thing for your health is to take a break from the Whole30, by all means, do so. I hope you find the support you need.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is a good upset. I had an eating disorder for about 15 years of my life and have been pretty stable on and off for 10 years - I do get very agitated and stressed when restricting food and I am glad I read the articles, because it reminded me to be careful and that a break might be the better option.

I love what I have learnt so far, including more veggies in my daily, fighting the fat phobia, going back to large brekkies that I had as a kid, enjoying colourful plates with clean food... There is so much that I really enjoyed on the program and it felt good :) Hopefully I will keep applying some of it in my life, but in the long run the healthiest option for my life is to keep away from eating disorders.

• 4 weeks later...

I am finally ready to give this another go :)

I have spend a few weeks re-focussing, I have eaten fairly clean and have paid attention to how I feel when eating i.e. dairy. I have also played around with prepping easy meals and tried some new dishes and looked at how much I should actually eat.

So here I am, let's do this again :) I am relaxed and ready to give it another try! I am starting right now, right here, there is no first day to wait for, I am ready :)

Thanks for all of your support andf fingers crossed :)

Archived