Fish sauce and home made Kimchi

sailingspaz

Day 18 and it's going great!  I'm following the AIP and   I'm trying to make my own kimchi, I live in Canada and the cost of sugar free fish sauce is out of this word!!  I'll be long finished the whole30 by the end of the fermentation period and am considering starting a batch with the regular fish sauce.  I'm not much of a processed food or sugar person to start with but I'm unsure if adding sugar back in this way will trigger any negative effects.  Any thoughts ??  I'm also going to start a batch of my own fish sauce, also takes several weeks to do but looks great!!

Thanks, I was hoping I'd be fine!  I'm in Kingston and my husband is in Ottawa fairly frequently so I'll have him keep an eye out. Where has it been spotted?  I'm having a hard time finding Korean red peeper powder too.  I moved here from San Francisco and have really noted how fortunate I was there!  You can find any food really easily there, not so much here in Kingston.

This was posted last year on an Ottawa foodie forum - so it *may* still be available. Definitely worth checking out if you're in Ottawa.

2014 Jan 9

I saw Red Boat at Saigon Meat & Vegetables today!
She seem surprised that I knew of it.

I bought it to try for my mom, but at 17$ a pop, she was not happy I paid so much.

Archived